Full Job Description
From global research discoveries to clinical breakthroughs – our vision is to become the most influential life sciences company for researchers. If you are motivated by making a real impact to people’s life and have a desire to work in a passionate and diverse community, Abcam is the place for you.
Our culture is driven by our dedicated, agile and audacious community of professionals who are driven by a combined purpose and sense of belonging. We’re incredibly proud to be recognised as one of the top 5 best places to work in the UK for two years running, as per Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Award.
About the role
In this exciting role you will work with customers across all industry segments to prospect, qualify and close opportunities in select geographic territories. To deliver on revenue expectations, the Inside Sales Specialist will proactively make outbound calls and schedule customer visits in their assigned territory, as well as manage incoming email and phone inquiries. This will involve building remote relationships with key users at priority accounts and nurturing large opportunities through a pipeline.
You’ll report to the Director of Sales in the Americas and be a part of a successful, driven, and fast-paced Commercial group. When you join Abcam, you’ll join a global business with the passion and the vision to become the most influential company, and best-loved brand in life sciences.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Deliver on revenue growth on geographic territory.
- Qualify leads and makes decisions on discount strategy for opportunities.
- Prospect for new business within target market segments including customer outreach for qualified leads resulting from marketing campaigns/efforts.
- Maintain constant communication with customers throughout the quoting process and work toward building relationships
- Follow up with customers after quoting process to determine the outcome and close business.
- Utilize a CRM to manage an opportunity pipeline
- Work with E-Procurement manager to manage e-pro functionality in accounts.
If you have a background in biology and are looking to move into Sales, this would be a perfect role for you. Ideally you will have experience in a Sales role, although not essential, and want to join a fast-paced market leading life science company with opportunities for advancement,
- BSc or MSc. in Biology or related fields
- Experience in protein research, immunology and Immunohistochemistry would be desirable.
- Experience in sales
- Excellent communication skills both written and spoken
- Ability to travel 10-20%
We know that when it comes to benefits, no one size fits all. Flexibility and choice matter which is why we offer all kinds of ways to enable you and your loved ones to be well and live well. You can expect;
- A culture focused on well-being and opportunities for growth and development. We provide a wide range of training opportunities, for both professional and personal development.
- The freedom to work in a way that works for you, with a focus on maximizing productivity and innovation at work while reducing environmental impact.
- A performance-based share plan, inspiring and rewarding our people as we deliver Abcam’s strategy.
- Attractive and flexible benefits package including 18 weeks full paid maternity leave and 6 weeks full paid paternity leave, increased paid time off accrual over time and much more.
We offer a truly inclusive environment where you can bring your whole self to work. This is underpinned by our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) and our partnerships with WORK180 (endorsed employer for women) and MyGwork (LGBT+ professional community). All our positions are open as a Job Share, where two talented professionals can share the responsibility of a full time position. You can declare your interest in a job share role within the application form.
Abcam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you’re interested in this particular role then we’d love to read your application.
Effective January 1, 2022, all U.S.-based employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID as a condition of employment at Abcam. Employees with a sincerely held religious belief and/or disability impacting their ability to obtain the COVID vaccine can request a reasonable accommodation.