Indeed’s salary guide
- Not provided by employer
- $68.7K – $87.1K a year is Indeed’s estimated salary for this role in Springfield, VA.
Full Job Description
Positions available in Valley Forge, PA or Springfield, VA
Strategic ACI is seeking mid and senior Image Scientists to join a skilled, highly respected, and long standing team supporting product quality mission for a government customer. This is a unique opportunity to enhance your career by working with the community subject matter experts, directly with the customer, and with project autonomy not customarily given as a government contractor. Based on the priorities of the customer, the image scientist will support product evaluations, quality studies, new product initializations, product algorithm assessments, or develop image quality equations to quantify the expected quality of a system given various parameters. Candidates should have a working understanding and practical application of modeling components of the image path to include sensor, detector, atmospheric, and material properties. Experience with simulation and modeling and the ability to develop algorithm description documentation for software development is needed. Familiarity with current GEOINT systems, products, and development, as well as the exploitation of software packages will be necessary to develop test and verification methodologies. The candidates will work within an existing team to complete tasks as prioritized by government customers. Good communication and teamwork along with a history of delivering results is critical to success.
The candidate can work in Valley Forge, PA or Springfield, VA.
The specific sub-tasks and activities to be performed include, but are not limited to:
- Sensor modeling; decomposing product formation elements to quantify the overall quality of the image chain
- Algorithm assessment to quantify the performance of a product given desire mission application
- Performing baseline assessments of system performance to support sensor initialization
- Operational monitoring of system performance over time
- Responding to detected errors and artifacts by recommending possible causes and corrective actions
- Active TS/SCI Clearance
- Must have a bachelor’s degree or higher
- Experience working with SAR or OPIR imaging platforms
- Image processing and Digital Signal processing experience
- Image chain analysis to include sensor modeling, signal quality and noise, optics, detector calibration, and image processing of pixel data
- Application of error estimation.
- Understanding and application of image quality standards (e.g. NIIRS), scales, metrics and image quality equations.
- Significant applied knowledge of sensor imaging systems, products, and exploitation processes
- Strong understanding of the systems engineering lifecycle to include independent testing and data verification
- Strong written and oral communication skills, with emphasis on briefing to obtain decisions and solve technical issues and test plans/reports writing
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Willingness to learn, solve problems and perform in a dynamic work environment
- Track record of delivering results
- Knowledge of National System for Geospatial-Intelligence (NSG) tasking, collection, processing, exploitation, and dissemination (TCPED) image chain, specifically the inclusion of radiometric support weather data and material properties (NEFDS).
- Experience working in a DoD or IC operational environment
- Experience developing engineering code (C, Python, Matlab, IDL) to solve hard problems and create processes for repeatable results.
Where permitted by applicable law, must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, willing to become fully vaccinated prior to starting employment, or request and be approved for a legally entitled accommodation.
Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT
Posted 1 day ago