Full Job Description
Human Resources Director
Erickson Immigration Group has a career opportunity for a Human Resources Director to join our team in our headquarters office located in Arlington, VA.
The Human Resources Director reports to the Firm’s leadership and is responsible managing the Firm’s HR function and team members. This will include leading strategic HR initiatives while simultaneously executing day-to-day HR tasks. This role will require you to analyze the big picture while also rolling up your sleeves and engaging on a hands-on basis.
Primary Responsibilities for the Role
- Partner with leadership by providing human resources advice, counsel, and decisions, analyzing information and applications.
- Partner with stakeholders in ensuring that the best practices are being adopted, ensuring that key deliverables are met within the specified timelines.
- Perform routine tasks required to administer and execute human resource programs including but not limited to compensation, benefits, and leave; disciplinary matters; disputes and investigations; performance and talent management; productivity, recognition, and morale; occupational health and safety; and training and development.
- Manage sensitive and complex performance, conduct, and other personnel matters and investigations; embody EIG’s core values in employee interactions.
- Guide management and employee actions by researching, developing, writing, and updating policies, procedures, methods, and guidelines, communicating, and enforcing organization values.
- Provide expertise and coaching to supervisors and leadership regarding HR policies and practices
- Collaborate with outside counsel, as needed, to mitigate risk.
- Update job knowledge by participating in conferences and educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Facilitate effective implementation of new people management initiatives in different departments and levels of the business as appropriate.
- Ensure that there is alignment between people management strategies and the existing business’s policies and procedures, updating each as required.
- Define, develop, and execute HR projects and initiatives that support EIG’s People and Culture strategy
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement of HR processes and programs
- Maintain knowledge of HR trends, technologies, and best practices; develop innovative solutions to ensure the organization attracts and retains top talent.
- Leverage data to identify insights and to diagnose and address systemic issues.
- Oversee and administer all employee benefits and leave programs
- Serve as primary interface to broker and carriers and manage annual renewal and enrollment processes.
- Maintain employee records and HR data in HRIS and other systems.
- Maintain compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices and advising management on needed actions.
- Develop, maintain, and communicate personnel policies.
- Liaise with Finance and other teams on matters of compliance, tax, etc.
- 8+ years of human resources management experience, including managing HR initiatives, employee relations, and comprehensive benefits programs is required. Prior experience as a HR Manager for a professional services firm preferred.
- Demonstrated success in partnering with leadership and stakeholders in developing, aligning, and executing HR programs and initiatives that support business plans.
- Understanding of the tools, processes and strategy needed to execute a performance management process.
- Excellent judgment and strategic thinker with strong project management and process implementation skills.
- Strong professional acumen, as well as excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Demonstrated experience in HR-related strategy and solution development.
- Proven success in managing employee situations. Ability to resolve conflicts and act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills; accustomed to using data to uncover patterns and trends
- Track record of embracing change and acting with a continuous improvement mindset. Ability to adapt to dynamic needs and priorities
- Proficient in developing Power Point presentations, Excel spreadsheets, and other MS Office documents
- Technical proficiency using an HRIS, building ad hoc reports, and navigating unfamiliar HR software and systems. Paylocity experience preferred.
We are Experts in Global Business Immigration | Corporate Immigration Law for Multinational Organizations!
- Immigration Program Management & Compliance
- International Practice | Global Immigration
- Nonimmigrant Visa Services
- Immigrant Visa Services/PERM
Erickson Immigration Group is proud to work with our inspiring and dynamic clients, and their foreign national employees. From innovative start-ups to industry-defining Fortune 500s, our approach is the same — provide high-touch service, transparent and accessible data and dashboards, relevant and timely communication, and the EIG Perfect Plus commitment to “get to yes.”
Sectors represented by our firm include CRM service, E-commerce, Social and online news media, Online entertainment and television / movie production, FinTech / financial services, Healthcare, Manufacturing, and Universities / Public School Districts.
Diversity, equity, and inclusivity make us a stronger organization!
- Different voices from a variety of backgrounds allow us to be more knowledgeable, nuanced, empathic, and ultimately, allow us to be better at what we do.
- 50% of the firm’s executive leadership are 1st generation daughters of immigrants and women of color.
- We speak 29 different languages.
- Over 20% of our team are immigrants. Many are first-generation Americans who have a personal connection to the immigration process.
- 72% of our employees are women. Women currently lead every department at EIG including finance, HR, operations, case management, marketing, and managing our legal teams.
- 60% of our employees are minorities. We work closely with historically black colleges and universities as part of our recruitment strategy.
- Our company policy is to honor all our employees by celebrating together. We collectively celebrate Christmas, Hanukkah, Eid, Easter, Kwanza, Diwali, Juneteenth, Hispanic Heritage Month, Black History Month, Women’s History Month, LGBT Pride Month, and Lunar New Year.
Erickson Immigration Group offers a robust suite of benefits for our staff:
- Hybrid Work Schedule & Flex Time!
- Casual Work Attire (Jeans, yes Jeans!)
- Paid Time Off (PTO), Paid Maternity/Paternity Leave, Paid Holidays, Bereavement Leave, and Jury Duty Leave
- Affordable Medical/Rx, Dental, Vision, Short- and Long-Term Disability, and Group Life/AD&D insurance
- Health Savings Account/Flexible Spending Accounts to help offset the costs of dependent care and/or health care expenses
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with generous employer matching contributions and an aggressive vesting schedule
- Assistance Program (EAP), Beneficiary Assistance, Will Prep and Travel Assistance with Identity Theft Assistance
** Please note, we are not working with outside recruiters for this position**.
EIG is firmly committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity. The Company provides employment opportunity without regard to race, color, sex, pregnancy, age, religion, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any individual’s status in any class protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. All aspects of the employment relationship (including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, working conditions, compensation, benefits, promotion, discipline, termination, and general treatment during employment) are subject to this policy.