$60,000 – $65,000 a year
Full Job Description
Who is COMC?
It’s a great time to join COMC – the #1 marketplace for trading card singles! Our Industry is booming, and we are building a team to apply the latest technology to card collecting. We strive to continually impress our customers by offering the best service and making it easier and fun to collect!
COMC is looking to hire an HR Generalist to support our Human Business Partner. This person will partner with and support the HR Business partner in building people strategies, executing process improvements, and implementing company policies and procedures.
The ideal candidate would be an experienced HR professional who thrives in an everchanging environment, with a growing workforce.
This preferred location for this role is in Washington State however were open to remote candidates.
- Provide HR support and consultation to the business regarding open enrollment, work with vendors to oversee and audit COBRA administration, HSA, & benefits enrollment.
- Construct, manage and troubleshoot all HRIS related issues and inquires.
- Maintains, audits, and perform updates to the Human Resources Information System (HRIS) including, but not limited to, system design, testing, implementation, and rollout of HR technology initiatives and process improvements.
- Design and update all internal HR communication channels including but not limited to the company SharePoint.
- Manage employee relations issues including investigating complaints and providing guidance on day-to-day issues to managers.
- Lead Leaves Administration process including COVID-19 related leave.
- Manage unemployment and workers compensation claims.
- Reinforce best practices and answer employee and manager questions about HR programs, policies, and other HR-related items.
- Support Human Resources team with background check program, onboarding process and orientation for all new hires including.
- Manage or upload metric data to the HRIS and coordinate Annual Appraisal Process.
- At least 5 years of experience in a HR Benefits Analyst or HR Generalist capacity.
- Strong experience in Employee Relations and Leave Administration.
- 2+ years of experience in HRIS Management
- Excellent verbal communication and good problem-solving skills.
- High level of Emotional Intelligence, working with change management.
- Is highly adaptable and agile, adept at taking and providing feedback.
- Experience working in a retail/warehouse environment is ideal.
- Experience working with cross-functional and geographically dispersed teams.
- Strong organizational and creative design skills preferred.
- Experience with Paycom, SharePoint, Smartsheet, Microsoft Office
- Intermediate user of Excel.
Work Location: Preference to candidates in Washington State. Will consider remote candidates as well.
Preferred Location Based in the United States
Opportunity for Remote work Yes
- Employer sponsored Free Health, Base Dental and Vision plans
- Paid Time Off up to nearly 4 weeks
- Employee discount on COMC.com
- Employer provided LTD and Life Insurance
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position requires the ability to work with standard computer equipment such as keyboards, monitors, personal computers, and scanners. This position requires the ability to maintain delicate computer instruments with regular care as instructed.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to sit or stand for extended periods. The employee is sometimes required to stand, walk, bend, and reach with hands and arms for short to long periods of time; use hands and fingers to handle or feel; talk and hear. The position requires the ability to work with fingers to pick, pinch, and carry out substantial movements of the wrist and hands to perform tasks of delicate manual dexterity, handling small, fragile inventory with great precision and care. The position requires the ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
This job description describes the general nature and level of work expected of a person assigned to this position. All job requirements listed indicate the minimum level of knowledge, skills and/or ability deemed necessary to perform the job proficiently. Employees may be required to perform any other job-related duties as requested by their supervisor.
COMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate regardless of race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. COMC is a diverse workplace were people from all walks of life are celebrated and supported. We strongly encourage all people; including but not limited to women, people of color, LGBT individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, and veterans to apply.
Job Type: Full-time