Full Job Description
Are you someone who is technical and likes to work on systems in your free time? Five Star Call Centers is seeking a full time helpdesk technician to provide support. Full time hours during the day with possible nights and weekends pending business needs.
This person would work closely with our network administrator to prioritize helpdesk tasks and manage them to completion and meet deadlines. They also would work closely with the Five Star team to provide immediate support for technical issues that may arise during their scheduled hours or help escalate them to the appropriate IT support person.
The ideal candidate is an individual with a desire and passion for technology, but one who can also work within time constraints and meet deadlines.
Five Star offers benefit package options.
Benefits-at-a-glance: click for more details
Starting Pay: Depends on Experience
- Supporting and troubleshooting workstation issues running Windows 8.1 and Windows 10
- Managing users and their configurations on multiple software platforms
- Working helpdesk tickets containing requests for troubleshooting issues, software installs, user management and client requests.
- Configuring and setting up new workstations
- Monitoring and managing antivirus software
- Troubleshooting basic networking issues
- Basic server support and maintenance
- Helping with SharePoint page builds and edits
Education and/or Experience:
- Workstation administration with Windows 8/10, with the ability to diagnose software and system problems
- Microsoft Office experience
- Basic networking knowledge
- Knowledge of Active Directory User and Computer management
- Working knowledge of SharePoint
- Technical acumen
- Ability to think outside the box to effectively solve complex problems
- Ability to effectively multitask
- Ability to communicate complex technical issues with management
- Must be able to pass a background check
Position Qualifications and Requirements:
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with to perform the essential functions.
- Excellent knowledge of spoken and written English
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, and to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, or computer controls, and talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or carry loads of up to 30 lbs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Proficient hand/eye coordination required to type while talking on the phone
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Employees may be required to work other than normal business hours, such as holidays, evenings, weekends, etc., and overtime as business demands.
- Employees may be required to attend on- or off-site business functions or training sessions as necessary.
- All employees are required to actively follow Five Star Call Centers’ policies and procedures.
COVID-19 Considerations: Keeping our employees and our community healthy and safe!
- Multiple sanitation areas in the facility
- Social distancing in shared areas
- Staying home when sick
*Must be able to pass a background check in conjunction with applicable state and federal laws.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level fo work and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of the job.
Five Star Call Centers values diversity and is committed to cultivating a professional, diverse workforce by hiring the best people available and providing the best service possible to our customers. Five Star Call Centers is an EOE/Veterans/Disable/LGBT employer and participates in the E-verify program.