Indeed’s salary guide
- Not provided by employer
- $30.6K – $38.8K a year is Indeed’s estimated salary for this role in Lafayette, LA.
Harm Reduction Outreach Coordinator
Lafayette, Louisiana · Education
Do you want to end overdose, hepatitis C, the spread of HIV and STDs in SW Louisiana? Southwest Louisiana Area Health Education Center (SWLAHEC) is looking for that special person, who is committed to promoting the health and dignity of individuals who are affected by substance/drug use, to coordinate a new outreach program. Duties of the Coordinator include recruitment, training, and management of Community Health Workers to provide outreach to the active substance use community and discuss harm reduction strategies including Narcan use, syringe services, and HIV/HCV/STD testing and counseling.
People who have a history of substance use, sex workers, people of color, women, members of the LGBT+ communities, and people living with HIV/HCV/STDs are strongly encouraged to apply. As an equal opportunity employer, SWLAHEC views the experiences associated with these identities as assets in this role and within our organization.
- Ability to respectfully work with people who inject illegal drugs.
- Excellent written, verbal, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to work with Community Health Workers.
- Must have valid LA Driver’s license, current car insurance, and reliable vehicle.
- Skilled in Microsoft Office suite.
- Strong group facilitation and training skills.
- Lived experience with harm reduction programs as participant, volunteer, or staff and/or knowledge of harm reduction models.
- Ability to manage volunteers.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, but not required. Experience can substitute for degree.
Posted Just posted