Full Job Description
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you!
The Role: Xylem seeks to hire a Global Category Manager for Indirect Procurement. This position requires deep procurement sourcing and buying experience in indirect commodities and/or categories, plus experience working with global business partners and stakeholders in different regions (EMEA, Americas, APAC). Expertise in Professional Services (including Consulting, HR, Legal Services) along with a deep understanding of the global and regional vendor base and industry trends are also required.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Lead development and execution and implementation of global commodity sourcing and supply base management strategies
- Lead an effective team that optimizes delivering business results
- Support the development of program targets and subsequent sourcing status
- Negotiate year-over-year cost reductions and multi-year pricing agreements
- Build positive relationships with the supply base by acting like a partner, trusting and being trustworthy, communicating with consistency, being fact based, thinking value not just price
- Build positive relationships and represents Procurement with cross-functional business partners
- Manage relationships with suppliers
- Monitor financial health of supply base and address risks
- Monitor quality of supply base and support corrective actions
- Progressive category management leadership responsibilities
- Quickly establish credibility and engage and influence others to ensure the most effective and efficient solutions are implemented
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
- Commercial business acumen
- Bachelor Degree in Business, Supply Chain, or related discipline (Master’s Degree preferred)
- 7-10 years of experience in sourcing and negotiating with suppliers/service providers and delivering annual cost reductions
- 3-5 years of project management experience required
- Excellent written and spoken English communication skills to collaborate with a global team
- 5 years of experience in supporting and coordinating cross-functional teams (e.g. Operations, Finance, Legal, etc.)
- Experience working with Global Business partners in global regions (EMEA, Americas, APAC)
- Expertise in Professional Services (including Consulting, HR, Legal Services).
- History of progressive leadership responsibilities
- Ability to quickly establish credibility across the organization and to engage and influence others to ensure the most effective and efficient solutions are implemented
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
(The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters and must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend, and move about the facility
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
- This position can be remote based in the following locations: Raleigh, NC, Morrisville, NC, Atlanta, GA, Charlotte, NC, Washington, D.C., Rye Brook, NY, New York, NY
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted 1 day ago