Full Job Description
Hewlett Packard Enterprise wants to challenge you and advance your skills. Come be a part of an exceptional team on a new 10-year Federal contract with a great Mission that supports our men and women in uniform. Make a difference while you expand your knowledge and skills. Your work should mean something, our customer’s Mission drives us to succeed for them.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) advances the way people live and work. HPE is an industry leading Technology Company that enables customers to go further, faster. With the industry’s most comprehensive portfolio, spanning the cloud to the data center to workplace applications, our technology and services help customers around the world make IT more efficient, more productive, and more secure. What sets us apart? Our people. Our people’s relentless commitment to partner, innovate, and act. HPE will invest in you to expand your knowledge, skills, and attributes.
Learning does not only happen through training. Relationships are among the most powerful ways for people to learn and grow, and this is part of our HPE culture. In addition to working alongside talented colleagues, you will have many opportunities to learn through coaching and stretch assignment opportunities. You’ll be guided by feedback and support to accelerate your learning and optimize your knowledge. We also have a “reverse mentoring” program which allows us to share our knowledge and strengths across our multi-generation workforce. If solving the world’s biggest technology challenges sounds like the right career path for you, join our team.
What you need to know about the job:
- Primary Location(s): Manassas, Virginia
- Job Category: Services
- Schedule: Full time
- Shift: All shifts available
Our innovative IT services organization is HPE Pointnext. HPE Pointnext is currently seeking highly qualified, experienced, and motivated candidates to support a Federal Government contract. There are multiple positions in the Technology Consultant area ranging from facility, cybersecurity, to storage and networks. We look forward to speaking with you about the opportunity.
TS/SCI with Full Scope Poly clearance REQUIRED, exceptions may be considered
US citizenship is required
- Requires a bachelor’s or master’s degree in business or engineering or equivalent experience
- Strong collaboration skills; works well on a team
- Superior customer service skills
- Excellent communication and troubleshooting skills
- Flexible, proactive, ability to work with minimal direction in an open and fast-paced environment
Specific areas (select one):
- Strong organizational skills and superior planning skills. Detail oriented
- Experience in infrastructure support operations
- Proven experience in supporting data center moves, adds, and changes and determining project schedules
- Knowledge of facilities: construction and utility aspects including electrical HVAC, and plumbing
- Experience planning data hall population including hot/cold aisle designs
- Familiarity with the federal continuity of operations (COOP requirements/procedures)
- Experience with commercial data center infrastructure management (DCIM) software
Cybersecurity (COMSEC Custodian)
- Managing a Department of Defense (DoD) classified COMSEC account in accordance with National Security Agency specified service regulations
- Understanding of COMSEC (KMI and EKMS) standards
- Generation and distribution of electronic keys from national and service level sources to the end-item communications security component
Storage and Network:
- Experience with a broad range of networking and IP/network protocols, especially data center networks
- Experience designing, installing testing, implementing storage area network technologies
- Experience with SolarWinds
- Experience analyzing network and storage characteristics (e.g. traffic time, connect time, transmission speeds, utilization, packet size, and throughput), performance, and recommending procurement, removals, and modification to network components
- Security+ or CISSP certification
- Knowledge of Information Technology Service Management and ITIL
- Experience working in customer environment
- ServiceNow, SolarWinds, Splunk experience
- Experience writing and troubleshooting scripts
What we can offer you:
Extensive benefits, a competitive salary and participation in the shared values and purpose that make Hewlett Packard Enterprise one of the world´s most attractive employers! At HPE, our goal is to provide equal opportunities, flexible work-life balance, and constantly evolving career growth.
If you are looking for challenges in an exciting supportive work environment, then we definitely want to hear from you. Continue the conversation by clicking apply now below, or directly via our Careers Portal at www.hpe.com/careers.
Join us and make your mark!
Find out more about us and follow us on:
HPE is an Equal Employment Opportunity/ Veterans/Disabled/LGBT and Affirmative Action employer. We are committed to diversity and building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We do not discriminate and all decisions we make are made on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. Our goal is to be one global diverse team that is representative of our customers, in an inclusive environment where we can continue to innovate and grow together.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.
Posted 1 day ago