Indeed’s salary guide
- Not provided by employer
- $91.4K – $116K a year is Indeed’s estimated salary for this role in Waltham, MA.
Full Job Description
From global research discoveries to clinical breakthroughs – our vision is to become the most influential life sciences company for researchers. If you are motivated by making a real impact to people’s life and have a desire to work in a passionate and diverse community, Abcam is the place for you.
Our culture is driven by our dedicated, agile and audacious community of professionals who are driven by a combined purpose and sense of belonging. We’re incredibly proud to be recognised as one of the top 5 best places to work in the UK for two years running, as per Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Award.
- Responsible for the building’s maintenance, water, wastewater, and power at our Grove Street site, and ongoing maintenance, and operations of the physical building infrastructure.
- Develops and implements maintenance, operation and calibration programs and standard operating procedures to ensure facility safety, reliability and compliance with quality policies and regulatory requirements.
- Manages the building automation/management system including responding to and resolving alarm conditions
- Coordinates with Landlord to ensure the timely maintenance and repairs to base building
- Ensures certification and maintenance for the building’s wastewater pH neutralization system, life safety systems, fume hoods, BSC’s and custom ventilated enclosures.
- Familiarity with the Business continuity Plan and Disaster Recovery Plan for the site, supporting BCP and Emergency Response.
- Effectively collaborate with key customers and support groups regarding operations, maintenance activities, strategies, scheduling, and planning.
- Identify and implement opportunities to improve equipment performance, reliability and minimize impact of maintenance activities to ongoing operations
- Deep technical understanding of: Quality Systems, Water Systems, Compressed Air, Gas Distribution System and HVAC, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred but not required, ideally in Science, Technology, or Engineering.
- 8 – 10 years of work experience with demonstrated proficiency in inventory management, maintenance management, and in managing external service providers.
- Deep understanding of BMS – preferably Trane
- Licensed in MA as a Grade 1 industrial wastewater operator (or willing to obtain upon hire)
- Experience of the coordination of all maintenance in relation to the building services including building fabric and structure using internal and external resources
- Experience in successfully managing both in-house and sub-contracts within agreed financial and time constraints
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills to interact effectively with all levels of the organization
- Amazing time management and a real multitasker
- An attitude that starts with “yes” but is not afraid to say “no”
- Has a growth mindset, willing to learn new things and draws on expertise to find out the answer
- Great communicator that wins hearts and minds
- Able to keep up with change and ambiguity
- Champion of our Company Culture and behaviors – Agile, Dedicated and Audacious
- Is curious about the business
We know that when it comes to benefits, no one size fits all. Flexibility and choice matter which is why we offer all kinds of ways to enable you and your loved ones to be well and live well. You can expect;
- A culture focused on well-being and opportunities for growth and development. We provide a wide range of training opportunities, for both professional and personal development.
- The freedom to work in a way that works for you, with a focus on maximising productivity and innovation at work whilst reducing environmental impact.
- A performance-based share plan, inspiring and rewarding our people as we deliver Abcam’s strategy.
- Attractive and flexible package including 18 weeks full paid maternity leave and 6 weeks full paid paternity leave, increased holiday allowance over time and much more.
We offer a truly inclusive environment where you can bring your whole self to work. This is underpinned by our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) and our partnerships with WORK180 (endorsed employer for women) and MyGwork (LGBT+ professional community). All our positions are open as a Job Share, where two talented professionals can share the responsibility of a full time position. You can declare your interest in a job share role within the application form.
Abcam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you’re interested in this particular role then we’d love to read your application.
Effective January 1, 2022, all U.S.-based employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID as a condition of employment at Abcam. Employees with a sincerely held religious belief and/or disability impacting their ability to obtain the COVID vaccine can request a reasonable accommodation.
Posted 1 day ago