Full Job Description
Responsible for contributing in project teams, troubleshooting operational issues, providing technical solutions to operational problems, new product implementation, implementing existing products and services and the overall upkeep and maintenance of designated areas of engineering. Acts in compliance with industry and Company technical requirements, standards, policies and procedures. Works with moderate guidance in own area of knowledge.
- The position covers Florida and the Big South Region – prefer candidate who sits within the Central Division Footprint
- Candidate needs to have cable / headend experience and a desire to work provisioning the back office devices; this includes VDE and rPhy.
- DAC, DNCS, CASMR experience a plus.
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair all but the most complex issues. Performs maintenance activities with a minimum of supervision and guidance. Leads technical outage bridges and engages appropriate resources to drive issues to closure.
- Acts as an advocate for Engineering Operations procedures, policies and processes. Ensures projects and initiatives are adhering to Company standards.
- Tracks and reports operational workflows; maintains records of results and feedback. Analyzes data and metrics, identifies problem areas and provides actionable insight.
- Acts as a technical resource in projects and initiatives and ensures successful project implementation.
- Contributes to design considerations for new products or architectural changes to existing products.
- Analyses problems in design, configuration, data flow and data state within a highly complex multi-product provisioning system.
- Performs routine maintenance tests for designated areas of engineering and ensures all maintenance is properly validated to minimize impact.
- Provides training and guidance to less experienced team members.
- Attains industry standard certifications and education.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job.
- Own the customer experience – think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services.
- Know your stuff – be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team – make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System – a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company – by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Drive results and growth.
- Respect and promote inclusion & diversity.
- Do what’s right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities.
- This information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.
Relevant Work Experience
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Comcast provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a Commission under the terms of an applicable plan, while most non-sales positions are eligible for a Bonus. Additionally, Comcast provides best-in-class Benefits. We believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most, and should help you care for those who matter most. That’s why we provide an array of options, expert guidance and always-on tools, that are personalized to meet the needs of your reality – to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life. Please visit the compensation and benefits summary on our careers site for more details.