Full Job Description
This role has been designated as ‘Office’, which means you will primarily work from an HPE office.
At Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE), we bring together the brightest minds to create breakthrough technology solutions that advance the way people live and work. Our legacy inspires us as we forge ahead, focused and dedicated to helping our customers make their mark on the world. What sets us apart? Our people. Our people’s relentless commitment to partner, innovate, and act. If solving the world’s biggest technology challenges sounds like the right career path for you, read on.
The Electronic Debug Test Technician is responsible for failure analysis of HPE Printed Circuit Board Assemblies at our Production Facility in Chippewa Falls, WI. Able to read/interpret schematics, printouts and specifications as needed to complete tests to determine the functionality of electrical circuitry and components. Provides detailed repair actions to our suppliers. Participates with engineers in the debugging and troubleshooting of new and existing products.
The qualified candidate would be assigned to work 1st shift, 7am -3:3pm Monday-Friday.
Education and Experience Required:
- Typically an Associate’s degree or equivalent experience and least 4 years of experience.
- May include highly experienced individuals performing equivalent work who are non-degreed or degreed in an unrelated field.
- Working knowledge in the field of electronics technology.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Able to troubleshoot Printed Circuit Board Assemblies to failing component using test equipment.
- Interfaces with Engineers, Technicians, and Field personnel regarding system level problems.
- Computer hardware knowledge with good communication skills.
- Use online methods and work instructions to complete starting and identifying issues on hardware at a system level. Responsible for replacing components in servers which includes installation of processors, DIMMs, PCA boards, cables, heat sinks, and other high value material. Other duties as assigned
- Must be familiar with using different computer applications and be able to navigate simple software.
- Thorough understanding of the general/technical aspects of the job.
- Works on assignments that are complex in nature and require ordinary problem resolution and independent judgment.
- Works under limited supervision and normally receives limited instructions on routine work and general instructions given for new assignments.
- Provides input for areas in the hardware, software, and procedures to improve efficiency.
What we can offer you:
Extensive benefits, a competitive salary and participation in the shared values and purpose that make Hewlett Packard Enterprise one of the world´s most attractive employers! At HPE, our goal is to provide equal opportunities, flexible work-life balance, and constantly evolving career growth.
If you are looking for challenges in an exciting, supportive and international work environment, then we definitely want to hear from you. Continue the conversation by clicking apply now below, or directly via our Careers Portal at www.hpe.com/careers.
Join us and make your mark!
Find out more about us and follow us on:
HPE is an Equal Employment Opportunity/ Veterans/Disabled/LGBT and Affirmative Action employer. We are committed to diversity and building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We do not discriminate and all decisions we make are made on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. Our goal is to be one global diverse team that is representative of our customers, in an inclusive environment where we can continue to innovate and grow together.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.