Up to $15 an hour
High school or equivalent (Preferred)
Full Job Description
Are you interested in working in an environment that is committed to helping young children develop and grow? Are you interested in working in an environment that is committed to helping young children develop and grow? Do you want to work somewhere that you get to make a difference in the lives of the children and families in the Rutland community?
Are you committed to supporting the whole family equally in their parenting journey?
Rutland County Parent Child Center is seeking nurturing and collaborative early childhood education teacher assistants (infant-preschool).
· Assist in the implementation of curricula activities and encourage participation by children.
· Actively engage in activities; manage cleanliness, order, and availability of classroom materials.
· Maintain frequent communications with families.
· Encourage self-help and good hygiene through behavior modeling.
· Help ensure smooth, daily transitions
· Follow all center policies and state regulations.
· Maintain personal professional development plan to ensure continuous quality improvement.
RCPCC is dedicated to supporting staff as they navigate professional development activities. If you are interested in advancing in the field, we will support the right candidate in attaining further educational while gaining experience on the job.
*Must have successfully completed the “Fundamentals” course in early childhood education or a three-credit college course in human development.
*A minimum of one year of experience working in early childhood education.
*The ideal candidate has strong communication skills (with both children and adults), extraordinary patience (children have Herculean inner strength), and a wellspring of joy (we want you to love what you do and we want our children and families to know it). (These qualities are as important as any degree).
*Must be willing to commit to ongoing professional development as required by Vermont childcare regulations.
RCPCC is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer. RCPCC embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: Up to $15.00 per hour
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
Hiring 2 candidates for this role
Posted 1 day ago