$61,047 – $87,395 a year
Full Job Description
The Supplier Diversity Office (SDO) is a new agency within the Executive Office for Administration and Finance of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts with a mission of serving diverse and small businesses and agencies of the Commonwealth. SDO is seeking a dynamic individual for the new position of Diverse and Small Business Engagement Coordinator with a high level of professionalism, integrity, communication and organizational skills, and desire to work in a fast-paced, performance driven environment. The highly motivated, customer centric candidate will be responsible for establishing and coordinating SDO outreach activities.
Duties and Responsibilities (these duties are a general summary and not all inclusive):
The Coordinator will play a critical role in supporting and developing the implementation and coordination of SDO outreach efforts to assist in the overall engagement, recruitment and retention of certified diverse and small businesses and matching them with bidding opportunities and resources. The Coordinator will serve as a member of SDO’s Outreach and Engagement team and report directly to SDO’s Director of Diverse and Small Business Engagement.
The Coordinator will recruit, work with and convene partner organizations, agencies, and diverse and small businesses and plan and implement outreach efforts that promote and grow the certification and participation of minority, women, veteran, service-disabled veterans, disability and LGBT-owned businesses (diverse business) and small Massachusetts businesses (small business) in programs administered and managed by the SDO and other Commonwealth entities.
The Coordinator will, in coordination with the Director of Diverse and Small Business Engagement and the SDO Executive Director:
- Oversee and evaluate program activities in order to establish the status and efficacy of outreach initiatives and to provide recommendations for modifications as needed.
- Monitor and promote upcoming Commonwealth procurement and purchasing opportunities to diverse and small businesses.
- Provide diverse and small businesses with training and orientation as needed.
- Assist the Marketing and Communications Manager in the development of marketing and promotional materials about SDO outreach and events related to SDO programs, including the Certification, Supplier Diversity, Small Business, Affirmative Marketing, Persons with Disabilities, and other SDO programs.
- Develop and deliver SDO presentations as needed about SDO programs and initiatives.
- Assist SDO Leadership in the management of their respective programs, including coordinating outreach efforts to recruit diverse and small business participation.
- Provide guidance, information, and assistance to SDO and other agency staff, contractors, and certified businesses on matters related to SDO programs as needed.
- Facilitate team meetings and meet with SDO staff about any outreach related issues.
- Deliver strategic insight and seasoned judgment and continuously monitor SDO outreach and events needs in order to achieve SDO’s overall mission and to deliver quality SDO programs and services.
- Assist the Executive Director and other SDO Leadership as needed for executive level meetings on outreach and other issues.
- Participate in regular meetings to discuss strategies, priorities, and other concerns or issues.
- Other duties, as assigned.
Minimum Entrance Requirements:
Applicants must have at least (A) three (3) years of full-time or, equivalent part-time, professional or administrative experience in outreach, marketing, diversity and/or community outreach, of which (B) at least one (1) year must have been in an outreach or project coordination capacity or (C) any equivalent combination of the required experience and substitutions below.
I. A Bachelor’s degree with a major in business administration, business management or public administration may be substituted for a maximum of two years of the-required experience.*
II. A Graduate degree with a major in business administration, business management or public administration may be substituted for the required experience.*
III. A Bachelor’s or higher degree with a major other than in business administration, business management or public administration may be substituted for a maximum of one year of the required experience.*
*Education toward such a degree will be prorated on the basis of the proportion of the requirements actually completed.
The ideal candidate will be:
- Passionate about diversity and customer focused.
- Have excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication and presentation skills and experience and analytical skills and experience.
- Actively goal-driven, creative, forward-looking, and pre-emptive of questions.
- Extremely organized and highly motivated and able to manage multiple tasks at the same time.
- Detail-oriented and ability to work independently and also collaboratively.
- Driven to make a difference and committed to public service.
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office products including Word, PowerPoint, Outlook and Excel and comfortable with and able to quickly pick up new technology/digital tools.
- Skilled in exercising a high degree of initiative, judgment, discretion and decision making to achieve objectives and resolve problems.
Other preferred qualifications include:
- Experience with supplier diversity, affirmative marketing or other diversity programs.
- Familiarity with the principles and practices of diversity, certification, procurement, contracting, grants and regulations.
- Experience in the administration and/or project management of Employment / Student Internship Programs
About the Supplier Diversity Office (SDO):
The mission of the SDO is to serve minority, women, veteran, service-disabled veteran, disability, LGBT-owned, and small businesses in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, including the responsibility to certify eligible businesses. Learn more about the SDO at: http://www.mass.gov/sdo
As an employee of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts you are offered a great career opportunity influencing a wide-spectrum of services to the diverse populations we serve. The State’s total compensation package features an outstanding set of employee benefits which you should consider towards your overall compensation, including:
- 75% state paid medical insurance premium
- Reasonable Dental and Vision Plans
- Flexible Spending Account and Dependent Care Assistance programs
- Low cost basic and optional life insurance
- Retirement Savings: State Employees’ Pension and a Deferred Compensation 457(b) plan
- 11 paid holidays per year and competitive Sick, Vacation and Personal Time
- Tuition benefit for employee and spouse at state colleges and universities
- Short-Term Disability and Extended Illness program participation options
- Incentive-based Wellness Programs
- Professional Development and Continuing Education opportunities
- Qualified Employer for Public Service Student Loan Forgiveness Program
Education, licensure and certifications will be verified in accordance with the Human Resources Division’s Hiring Guidelines.
Education and license/certification information provided by the selected candidate(s) is subject to the Massachusetts Public Record Law and may be published on the Commonwealth’s website.
An Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Females, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Official Title: Diverse and Small Business Engagement Coordinator
- Education toward such a degree will be prorated on the basis of the proportion of the requirements actually completed.
When you embark on a career with the Commonwealth, you are offered an outstanding suite of employee benefits that add to the overall value of your compensation package. We take pride in providing a work experience that supports you, your loved ones, and your future.
Want the specifics? Explore our Employee Benefits and Rewards!
: Program Coordinator II
: United States-Massachusetts-Boston-1 Ashburton Place
: Administrative Services
: Supplier Diversity Office
: Jun 21, 2022, 12:36:11 PM
: 61,047.22 – 87,395.10 Yearly
: Bonnie Borch-Rote –
: 06-NAGE – Professional Admin.