Full Job Description
May be asked to work some nights and weekend hours
The Director will have a national pulse on advancing the understanding of the needs of undocumented, DACAmented, Temporary Protected Status (TPS), and newly arrived students and will have responsibilities in the areas of national leadership, educational programming, student leadership development, organizational and fiscal management, and student organization advising/development.
About the University of Utah
The University of Utah is located at the foot of the beautiful Wasatch Mountains and offers a rich benefits package including health benefits, generous retirement contributions of 14.2%, tuition reduction for employees and families, paid parental leave and more. Please visit our Benefits website for more information: https://www.hr.utah.edu/benefits/
- Directs the development and implementation of indicators that are comprehensive, appropriate, and consistent with the University of Utah’s goals and objectives through enhancement of the exceptional student experience
- Interprets, implements, and provides training to University of Utah faculty and staff on supports, resources, and local, state, and federal laws and regulations pertaining to undocumented students and residency.
- Supports University Advancement in grant applications and fundraising efforts.
- Leads and shares best practices in policy, services, and resources through cross-institutional collaboration with all 16 USHE institutions.
- Demonstrates multicultural competency in working with diverse student populations, particularly in relation to the undocumented and immigrant experience.
- Works collaboratively with campus stakeholders to address the needs, experiences, and concerns of undocumented students in higher education.
- Exemplifies knowledge of the services and resources available to undocumented students and demonstrates experience developing partnerships and cultivating collaborative working relationships with internal and external constituencies including local, state, and national organizations focused on serving undocumented and immigrant groups.
- Expresses ability to collaborate and communicate effectively with individuals with a wide variety of backgrounds and life experiences including race/ethnicity, sexuality, culture, language, socioeconomic status, religion, ability, gender, and other social identities.
- Demonstrates skill and experience in counseling and crisis intervention particularly with undocumented and immigrant student populations
- Works collaboratively with college faculty and staff, surrounding school districts, and community partners to provide appropriate services for undocumented students.
- Demonstrates ability to successfully address and mediate conflicts across the on and off campus community
- Knowledge of college student development related to undocumented students or elaborates directly upon community involvement relaying impacts and outcomes
- Provides strategic direction by setting short and long-term goals, estimating budgetary requirements for staff, space, and equipment planning, and implementing special projects and policies.
- Ensures competency of management/supervisory staff through the development and/or presentation of educational programs and through on-going staff performance evaluation.
- Ability to follow all university policies, procedures, and guidelines including but not limited to safety, civility, information security, and non-discrimination policies and procedures.
- Work collaboratively to address immigrant student populations in Equity Diversity and Inclusion: Black Cultural Center (BCC), Dream Center (DC), Center for Equity and Student Belonging (CESB), and Lesbian, Gay, Bi-Sexual, Transgender Resource Center (LGBT RC) staff
- Lead and collaborate in development of Dream U.S scholars’ program with Programming Manager
- In collaboration with Programming Manager assist with researching, developing, and maintaining programmatic relevance related to trends and shifts in student demographics; gathers data, maintains databases, and prepares reports related to undocumented students
- Markets and promotes existing programs and services to internal and external customers.
- Participate in Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion Director meetings, activities, training and development programs and professional development activities.
- Assist with creating and overseeing content development for informational brochures, bi-weekly newsletter, social media posts, website, press releases, posters/fliers, and other marketing materials.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Experience working with undocumented, DACAmented, Temporary Protected Status (TPS), and newly arrived individuals
Knowledge of state and federal laws impacting undocumented, DACAmented, Temporary Protected Status (TPS), and newly arrived individuals
Applicants must demonstrate the potential ability to perform the essential functions of the job as outlined in the position description.
Doctorate degree with previous leadership experience, or Master’s degree with five years’ experience leading a student center at a higher education institution is preferred.
part 106. The requirement not to discriminate in education programs or activities extends to admission and employment. Inquiries about the application of Title IX and its regulations may be referred to the Title IX Coordinator, to the Department of Education, Office for Civil Rights, or both.
Office of Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action (
135 Park Building
Salt Lake City, UT 84112
Online reports may be submitted at
To inquire about this posting, email:
or call 801-581-2300.
service, may elect to enroll in
if they make the election before they become eligible for retirement (usually the first day of work). Contact Human Resources at (801) 581-7447 for information. Individuals who previously retired and are receiving monthly retirement benefits from
are subject to URS’ post-retirement rules and restrictions. Please contact Utah Retirement Systems at (801) 366-7770 or (800) 695-4877 or University Human Resource Management at (801) 581-7447 if you have questions regarding the post-retirement rules.
Posted 1 day ago