Full Job Description
Responsible for the management of the Agile Portfolio Management (APM), including personnel management. Develops and delivers a APM that can effectively set standards; provides an overall program management strategy; provides direct program management and consulting, as necessary; builds and maintains organizational knowledge as it relates to the function of managing projects and programs. May direct multiple teams of professionals.
- Executes and oversees APM processes. Oversees program budgets.
- Develops cross-functional plans, objectives and strategies. Interprets company goals into functional goals and strategies.
- Provides leadership and management to the Program Management team. Possesses staffing accountability, including recruitment and retention, leadership and professional development and performance management.
- Provides support for corporate budgeting and budget tracking.
- Acts as a APM point of contact for senior management stakeholders.
- Mentors the organization in APM practices.
- Recommends and implements corrective action across organizations, as necessary, to improve program performance.
- Responsible for APM training, hiring, performance management and development of APM staff. Performs staff performance assessments, salary reviews and bonus awards. Establishes APM career path.
- Works with other organizations to continuously improve business processes.
- Keeps abreast of new developments in project management methodologies, agile practices, best practices and industry standards.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as necessary.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job.
- Own the customer experience – think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services.
- Know your stuff – be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team – make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System – a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company – by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Drive results and growth.
- Respect and promote inclusion & diversity.
- Do what’s right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities.
- This information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.
While possessing the stated degree is preferred, Comcast also may consider applicants who hold some combination of coursework and experience, or who have extensive related professional experience.
Relevant Work Experience
10 Years +
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Comcast provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a Commission under the terms of an applicable plan, while most non-sales positions are eligible for a Bonus. Additionally, Comcast provides best-in-class Benefits. We believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most, and should help you care for those who matter most. That’s why we provide an array of options, expert guidance and always-on tools, that are personalized to meet the needs of your reality – to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life. Please visit the compensation and benefits summary on our careers site for more details.