Full Job Description
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The Role: This is a great opportunity to stand up a new team to drive growth in the pipeline assessment industry! In collaboration with Business Development, Product Management, Finance, and the Senior Leadership Team, will drive profitable growth in the water, energy, and international market segments for Xylem Assessment Services (AS) globally. The strategy and marketing leader is accountable for developing and implementing the overall AS strategy as well as subsegment strategies and marketing plans focused on serving clients better by leveraging the complete AS services portfolio and accelerating Xylem’s growth in this segment. The Director of Strategy and Marketing will have direct reports.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
Strategic plan for Assessment services integrating the business segments of:
- Americas Water
Segment strategic plans
- Create and drive annual initiatives for growth
- Maintain cadence of meetings so support the initiatives
- Marketing processes including strategic marketing plan and communication, through to execution
- Uses marketing intelligence to identify trends, opportunities, competitor activity, customer needs and identify areas of competitive advantage to grow current and potential markets.
- Closely collaborates with Product Managers and Business Development colleagues to identify key accounts to gather Voice of Customer for new products.
- Defines the optimal path to profitable growth, including geographic expansion, development, and the pursuit of adjacent opportunities. Drive to achieve the regional revenue and margin goals for Assessment Services.
- Develop and execute segment strategic growth plan through a value-based segmentation and alternatives analysis, including new product development, new business models and services, emerging market expansion, emerging technology, trends or acquisition opportunities.
- Works closely with sales leadership to foster and optimize existing channels and develop new routes to market as appropriate.
- Develop customer retention strategies including managing net promoter score.
- Reviews Net Promoter Score response data and determines appropriate actions to feed into Marketing Plan.
- Building relationships with business development and industry groups that will enable growth.
- Gather and provide segment intelligence to Xylem and appropriate leadership.
- Gather and provide competitor intelligence to Assessment Services leadership team.
- Ensures alignment and coordination with Xylem Marcom activity.
- Engages with industry associations and professional organizations to provide thought leadership.
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- BA/BS degree in Business, Marketing or Engineering or MBA.
- +15 years relevant working experience In Strategy and/or Marketing including formal leadership of teams.
- A risk taker open to exploring innovative ideas and promoting those that have substance; proven ability to influence senior leaders and stakeholders on initiatives put forward.
- Proven experience in roles that are both internally and externally facing in the public and/or private water utilities industry, preferred.
- Excels at seeking out/understanding competitor intelligence; uses knowledge to strengthen strategic/marketing approach.
- Partners with Business Development to support sales enablement and execution.
- Proficient at cross-functional collaboration with proven ability to bring diverging ideas together.
- Known for ability to develop high performing teams and developing talent.
- Implements continuous improvement mindset and instills others to implement efficiencies as they make sense.
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
- Ability to lift up to 40 pounds on a regular basis
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office or lab setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.