Indeed’s salary guide
- Not provided by employer
- $142K – $180K a year is Indeed’s estimated salary for this role in Waltham, MA.
Full Job Description
From global research discoveries to clinical breakthroughs – our vision is to become the most influential life sciences company for researchers. If you are motivated by making a real impact to people’s life and have a desire to work in a passionate and diverse community, Abcam is the place for you.
Our culture is driven by our dedicated, agile and audacious community of professionals who are driven by a combined purpose and sense of belonging. We’re incredibly proud to be recognised as one of the top 5 best places to work in the UK for two years running, as per Glassdoor’s Employees’ Choice Award.
The Director of Logistics (Americas) reports to the VP of Global Logistics and will be the strategic and hands on operational lead for several operations in the US. Responsible for warehousing, inventory management, freight and transportation planning as well as 3PL logistics evaluation and implementation.
Driving exceptional service to our customers and building operational capacity and process for business growth. Working through our heads of Logistics and supply partners you will drive lean operational processes, gold standard customer service along with meeting the needs of the functional team. The Director of Logistics (Americas) will work closely with the manufacturing, commercial and finance teams to ensure the logistics strategy is aligned with the company’s goals.
- Evaluate and Improve material flows across the supply chain
- Own the development and implementation of the global logistics plan, build in house shipping capability and onboard 3PL distribution partners as needed to support commercial goals
- Establish processes for logistics and warehouse operations and manage the day-to-day operations team to deliver high levels of service through the shipping and receiving functions
- Create transportation and freight strategy for domestics and international shipments, review and select distribution and transportation partners to optimize freight, duty charges, brokage cost and the service level
- Evaluate and track transportation and distribution partners performance and quality
- Manage import and export records in accordance with global trade compliance requirements
- Responsible for budgets and financial performance of the logistics department
- Oversee and manage daily shipping and receiving functions to ensure timely and accurate transactions
- Manage cycle count program and department processes to ensure timely transactions and inventory accuracy
- Hire and develop logistics and warehouse personnel
- Oversee and manage growth driven programs
- Evaluate and install appropriate technologies and automation
- 5 years senior management experience
- Lean management and material flow expertise
- Indirect procurement desirable
- Experience in life sciences or FMCG operations
We know that when it comes to benefits, no one size fits all. Flexibility and choice matter which is why we offer all kinds of ways to enable you and your loved ones to be well and live well. You can expect;
- A culture focused on well-being and opportunities for growth and development. We provide a wide range of training opportunities, for both professional and personal development.
- The freedom to work in a way that works for you, with a focus on maximizing productivity and innovation at work while reducing environmental impact.
- A performance-based share plan, inspiring and rewarding our people as we deliver Abcam’s strategy.
- Attractive and flexible benefits package including 18 weeks full paid maternity leave and 6 weeks full paid paternity leave, increased paid time off accrual over time and much more.
We offer a truly inclusive environment where you can bring your whole self to work. This is underpinned by our Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) and our partnerships with WORK180 (endorsed employer for women) and MyGwork (LGBT+ professional community). All our positions are open as a Job Share, where two talented professionals can share the responsibility of a full time position. You can declare your interest in a job share role within the application form.
Abcam is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you’re interested in this particular role then we’d love to read your application.
Effective January 1, 2022, all U.S.-based employees are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID as a condition of employment at Abcam. Employees with a sincerely held religious belief and/or disability impacting their ability to obtain the COVID vaccine can request a reasonable accommodation.