$160,000 – $200,000 a year
Full Job Description
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you!
The Role: The Director, IT Program Management, reporting to the SVP & CIO, will be responsible for developing and maintaining a standard IT project management methodology, monitoring project performance, and facilitating portfolio management for IT-enabled business investments and resource management planning.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Leads the design, implementation and continuous improvement of standard IT program, project and portfolio management practices and documentation to enable common language and consistent approach for execution of strategic initiatives. Draws on multi-disciplinary business and analytical expertise to assess and effectively manage program and project delivery risks for IT enabled initiatives. Provides support to the IT organization for strategy & planning activities.
- Program & Project Management Governance Framework
- Responsible for maintaining and updating Governance Framework documentation and templates
- Participates as a Steering Committee Member and Advisor for select critical/strategic enterprise initiatives
- Manages monthly program status reports from all project managers providing interim corrective recommendations as needed
- Program & Project Management Methodology
- Develops, maintains and continuously improve standard project management methodology applying industry best practices, including M&A integration processes, when required.
- Accountable and responsible for developing standard project templates for the standard methodology
- Develops and provides training on methodology and templates to IT project managers and project teams
- Maintains the documentation and document repository for all deliverables
- Provides training, documentation and standards for resource management within the IT group
- Accountable and responsible for Scoring Project Deliverables for Completeness and Quality
- Evaluates project documentation to assess readiness for promotion to successive phases
- Portfolio Management
- Accountable for tracking Project Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) and metrics for the project portfolio
- Accountable for project portfolio reporting
- Team/Staff Management
- Recruit, manage, develop and coach the Project Management team
- Oversee PMO Cost Center budget
- Assist with training and mentoring of IT staff members as requested
- Perform related duties and fulfill responsibilities as required.
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent international degree in a computer science, MIS or relevant field. Advanced degree in technical or business field (MBA preferred)
- 8+ years of senior level experience in leading an IT organization to accomplish corporate objectives within budget and target dates
- Verifiable expertise in developing the strategic vision for IT, planning, project management, resource management planning and leading cross-functional teams with a proven track record of success
- Experience partnering with the Executive Management Team on the strategic vision
- Experience with enterprise-wide system implementations a plus.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, Working Parents Networks and Non-Native English Speakers and Allies.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
(The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters and must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Travel: As required to fulfill the duties listed above. Other travel as needed or required by the company. (25%)
- Weekly hours: Standard for salaried employees with ability to manage some variation in work demands day to day and month to month.
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Further, if the Company determines this role may be performed in or from Colorado, the salary range is $160,000 to $200,000 plus bonus. Final compensation will be dependent on various factors such as location, qualifications, certifications, relevant work experience and other factors, consistent with applicable law. We offer a generous benefit package, including Medical, Dental, Vision plans, 401(k) with company contribution, paid time off, paid parental leave and tuition reimbursement.
Posted 3 days ago