From $18 an hour
Full Job Description
Are you interested in working in an environment that is committed to helping school age children develop executive skills? Do you want to work somewhere that you get to make a difference in the lives of the children and families in the Rutland community? Are you committed to supporting the whole family equally in their parenting journey?
The Parent Child Center of Rutland County’s after-school program, Saplings, is seeking a professional and collaborative year-around Director.
Saplings Summer starts in June and runs through August, and the after-school program runs through the school year. This is a program with a focus on reading and outdoor education. Saplings combines remedial reading aids using Montessori style teaching as well as, therapeutic and fun games, story-telling, crafting/art, visitors, fieldtrips and much more!
The Afterschool Director will work alongside the Site Director to create and implement intentional strategies to promote student’s social-emotional well-being and academic growth. During the school year, they will work with the school system to best support students in our care. As a community partner, RCPCC works with many other organizations, and the right candidate will help us reach additional supports.
- Must have or be willing to successfully complete required trainings as set forth in the Vermont State Regulations for After-School Care, which includes having a degree, being 18 years of age, and having at least 10 months of experience working with school-age children.
- Great opportunity for those looking to gain experience working with elementary aged children
- The ideal candidate has strong communication skills (with both children and adults), extraordinary patience (children have Herculean inner strength), and a wellspring of joy (we want you to love what you do and we want our children and families to know it). (These qualities are as important as your degree).
- Must be willing to implement ALL COVID protocols for the safety and well-being of staff and children.
- Full time staff may work to support staff in our Early Childhood Education programs, serving children from infancy through age 5, during the school year. Opportunities to support other areas of our agency may also be available.
Please make sure you meet the MINIMUM requirements.
Please supply a resume, cover letter, personal email address (not Indeed email) and a phone number where you can be reached.
RCPCC is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer. RCPCC embraces diversity and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be.
Job Type: Full-Time/Part Time Optional
Salary: Starting at $18/hr
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $18.00 per hour
- Monday to Friday
- Associate (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
Hiring 1 candidate for this role
Posted 1 day ago