1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The Role: The Demand Generation Manager is a solid marketing “all-rounder,” responsible for planning, developing and implementing integrated, data-driven marketing communications strategies and programs. The ideal candidate is analytical – with a solid understanding of lead scoring and lead flow processes because that’s how you’ll track success.
This role will primarily support the Assessment Services business, but may extend to cover others as needed. As part of the Metrology Solutions and Services Marketing team, you’ll execute targeted marketing campaigns designed to generate demand and build awareness for the Measurement and Control Solutions part of the Xylem portfolio in North America and key markets abroad.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborates cross-functionally within the Marketing team (Vertical Marketing, Digital Experience (Web) and Graphic Design) and cross-departmentally (Product Management, Commercial Teams, Growth Centers) to determine strategic direction and prioritization of go-to-market initiatives.
- Partners with Business Development and Sales stakeholders to tailor and target marketing campaigns to align to key business objectives
- Plans, creates, and launches integrated marketing campaigns by overseeing campaign vision, objectives, creative and implementation.
- Measures results to optimize and gauge campaign performance. Provides regular reporting read-outs of performance to stakeholders.
- Develops content, copy and other promotional materials to be used in all marketing channels (email, landing pages, collateral, etc.). May also work with agencies and other third parties to create campaign deliverables.
- Manage and monitor budget and spend for paid campaigns
- Ensures consistency and continuity in presentation of the Xylem brand and the company’s product brands.
- Develops a robust lead generation funnel that supports the segment’s customer acquisition and growth goals.
- Works with Marketing Technology team and fellow Demand Generation professionals to establish a process to drive and manage a pipeline of qualified leads and line of sight to revenue that can be attributed to marketing efforts.
- Oversee the quality of marketing contact database for Assessment Services segment.
- Contributes to the development and refinement of customer personas that represent their needs, pain points, decision considerations, and touch point preferences. Helps ongoing efforts to build out full buyer’s journey.
- Works with Field Marketing Manager and Sales teams to ensure marketing support materials are provided and to facilitate lead handoff process.
- Network and share best practices within the team and with other marketers across Xylem.
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
- BA/BS degree in Business, Marketing or Communications.
- 8+ years relevant working history, plus experience working with and managing agency partners.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Data and analytically curious. Likes to interpret and use consumer insights, analyses, market research, and sales/market data to develop highly targeted, customer-centric marketing initiatives.
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
- Industry knowledge helpful.
- Results-driven: direct marketing experience or history of success managing “performance-based” marketing programs (being able to tie marketing investments back to revenue and proving ROI).
- Comfortable working with cross-departmental teams.
- Experience with marketing tech stack tools (e.g., Marketo, Google Analytics, Workfront, Salesforce, Folloze) is preferred.
- Experience with Agile methodologies is a plus.
- Sense of humor and ability to thrive in a strong team-oriented environment is a must.
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Travel within the region and at times, globally, up to 25%
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.