$15 an hour
Full Job Description
Do you like helping people? Is a fast-paced environment more your speed? We’re looking for experienced customer service associates with a drive to ensure the best experience possible. You must be able to work at top speeds on the phone and the computer simultaneously. Check out our opportunity below!
We are looking for passionate individual to be the first point of contract in answering calls and emails to get our customers where they need to go with confidence. We’re hiring associates to support customer service for a nationwide parking reservation app.
These positions will assist customers via multiple support channels, including phone, chat and/or email, to resolve customer issues, provide customer training, problem identification and resolution, issue escalation, and follow up.
Who is Five Star Call Centers?
Five Star Call Centers is headquartered in Sioux Falls, SD, and has been providing high-quality, inbound customer service for U.S. companies for over 35 years. We’ve built a team that excels at training and engaging customer service associates that give our clients and their customers the best experience possible. And our rock star associates stay. Not just years, but decades. Learn more about Five Star Call Centers at FiveStarCallCenters.com .
- Work from the comfort of your own home
- Steady employment throughout the year
- Choose your own dress code – no need to buy new clothing
- Save on commuting expenses like gas and car maintenance
- Flexibility to work with your children or other family members right at home
- We provide the technology, you provide the internet and home office
- Answers, evaluates and prioritizes requests from customers having questions or experiencing problems with services or products
- Facilitates problem recognition, research, isolation, resolution, and follow-up for customer problems
- Able to work without a script and maintain call control
- Log and track customer interaction as required for each client
- Responds to and resolves open issues in an appropriate timeframe
- Concession of the customers’ troubles by recommendation of products, services or procedures
- Evaluation of the systems’ problems to recommend enhancements
- Ability to multi-task using multiple system pending the clients working environment
- Skillfully change from one task to another without loss of efficiency or composure
- Successfully complete all training sessions
- Actively participate in efforts to support customer satisfaction and maintain quality
- Effectively communicate with patience and understanding
- Remain positive and professional in all internal and external customer interactions
- Flexibility to cross train as requested
- Be available at your desk, maintaining punctuality and attendance at all scheduled times
- Physically be able to meet the demands of the job within the described work environment
- Apply personal ethics, honesty, initiative, flexibility, responsibility and confidentiality in all areas
- Maintain the utmost confidentiality and security as it pertains to the Five Star Call Centers policies
- Perform other duties as assigned*
*Note: Management reserves the right to assign or reassign functions and responsibilities to this job description at any time.
- Work independently
- Type at a minimum 30 words per minute accurately
- Demonstrate initiative and self-motivation
- Performs assignments while under limited time frames
- Available to work weekends and holidays
- Basic math skills
- Positive attitude
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand English
Education and Experience
- A high school diploma or GED is preferred
- Previous 1 year product support or trouble shooting experience required
- Prior 1 year call center experience preferred
- Knowledge of CRM systems a plus
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Strong phone and verbal communication skills along with active listening
- Customer focus and adaptability to different personality types
- Maintaining composure in challenging situations
- Ability to use technology effectively and productively
- Ability to work in a team and communicate effectively and clearly
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly
- Technical awareness: the ability to match resources to technical issues appropriately
- Understand support tools, techniques, and how technology is used to provide services
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast-moving environment
- Regularly required to sit
- Regularly required to use hands to feel, handle and control objects
- Occasionally required to reach, stoop, kneel, or crouch
- Occasionally required to lift and/or carry loads of up to 30 lbs
- All standard vision abilities are required
- All standard hearing abilities are required
*Must be able to pass a background check applicable with state and federal laws.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of the job.
Five Star Call Centers values diversity and is committed to cultivating a professional, diverse workforce by hiring the best people available and providing the best service possible to our customers. Five Star Call Centers is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer and participates in the E-verify program.