$15.33 an hour
Full Job Description
It is vitally important that our Customer Service Representatives make every interaction a positive one
Whether booking reservations or printing boarding passes, determining alternative flight options or rebooking a reservation, you must be calm, cool and collected
To be successful, you’ll need patience, empathy, the ability to listen and a knack for making informed decisions in sometimes stressful situations
Caring happens regardless of our customer’s disposition or travel challenges. There will be moments where you will be required to remain calm, positive, and caring even when our customers are not
Most new hires start as a Gate or Ticket Agent, helping passengers check in and board, as well as resolving any issues with travel that arise
We provide paid training, including 1 week of orientation, 2.5 weeks in the classroom and 1.5 weeks on the job
With experience, you can explore roles in gate services, ticketing, baggage services, international flights and United Club locations, as well as manager or supervisor roles
You’ll also have the ability to transfer to other locations within our amazing network
Customer Service Representative
Starting pay of $15.33 per hour with competitive benefits that let you see the world:
- Travel: Fly United for free – domestic and international – and bring your friends and family too!
- Overtime + Flexibility: Opportunities for overtime and ability to trade shifts to work a flexible schedule.
- Great Benefits: 401(k), pension plan, health insurance and an Employee Assistance Plan for you and your family.
- Grow your career: Opportunity to learn and grow into leadership roles with over half of our leaders starting in the operation.
- Up to $33.30 / hour: Seniority based pay raises with additional compensation for shift differential and overtime
As the face of our customer, here’s what you will do:
Whether our customers are traveling for business or pleasure, you are the professional in the airport that creates caring connections and encourages an environment where everyone feels welcome, valued, and respected. You will be interacting with our domestic and international customers in our lobbies and at gates, helping them with ticketing, baggage, greeting customers as they start and end their journey and doing it with a smile. You will provide friendly, professional, confident, and informative service to help resolve customer travel issues and make their journey memorable.
What are your responsibilities:
- Interacting with customers in a kind and helpful manner is key to creating memorable experiences and building customer loyalty
- Stepping up and anticipating customer needs while maintaining a strong sense of responsibility when we have inconvenienced a customer
- Working each and every day with a safety mindset by ensuring we hold ourselves and each other to the highest standards
- Navigating challenges by being steady yet adaptable. Maintaining composure and managing conflict and not taking customer frustration personally.
- Working collaboratively with others, supporting your colleagues, and helping them be successful with new processes and technologies.
- High school diploma, GED or equivalent
- Minimum of 18 years old
- Comfortable working with computers, mobile devices, and new technologies
- Physical ability to stand and walk for an eight-hour shift, as well lift and handle baggage
- Must be able to obtain a SIDA badge and meet airport requirement for badging
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship
- Must be able to meet the Company attendance standards and uniform and appearance standards
Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT