Full Job Description
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you!
The Role: Xylem, Inc. seeks a strong Customer Service Manager to be responsible for managing all aspects of the customer service department, supervising and supporting the customer service team members and ensuring excellent customer service and compliance with all regulatory requirements, policies and procedures. Position acts as a leader in partnering with the Sales Team to support positive Customer experience and business results.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Direct the team in the daily duties related to customer service, order processing and export compliance.
- Ensure customer orders are processed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Take ownership of customer issues and follow problems through to resolution.
- Set work schedule to ensure all functions are performed effectively and efficiently.
- Provide team members with the appropriate training, tools, direction and motivation.
- Develop and implement policies and procedures to ensure the highest level of customer service.
- Develop strength of the team to enhance capability through coaching, training, recruitment, etc…
- Champion continuous improvement efforts to improve business capability, productivity, customer experience and employee engagement.
- Set performance standards and use of metrics to determine, and improve the effectiveness of all customer service activities.
- Set individual performance expectations and manage team performance and development, to develop a culture of high performance and accountability.
- Ensure compliance with all regulatory requirements and applicable policies and procedures including export compliance.
- Drive a culture of continuous improvement, improving process efficiency by identifying and leading initiatives that eliminate waste, reduce cycle time and eliminates defects.
- Build and maintain strong working relationship with key customers, representatives, distributors and direct sales personnel.
- Support customer invoicing and accounts receivable activities.
- Perform necessary credit approvals within D.O.A. guidelines and site objectives.
- Lead necessary support for update and modernization of computer order entry and phone systems.
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelor’s Degree and 5 years of relevant industry experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in manufacturing office business environment.
- Demonstrated high level of communication (written/verbal) and organizational skills.
- Excellent problem solving and conflict resolution skills.
- Familiarity with business ERP systems and strong MS Office skills.
- Understanding of common financial and basic accounting principles.
- Technical degree
- Customer service management experience.
- Superior leadership, interpersonal and strategic skills.
- Proficient with ERP related systems (AS400 preferred), Business Objects, product configuring applications (e.g. eLogia) and Oracle.
- Import/export experience.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
(The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters and must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Seated work at computer monitor for extended periods of time during the day.
- Ability to walk to other functional areas to engage in meetings and discussion.
- Ability to travel to and interact on plant floor.
- Lifting 10 lbs. or less frequently
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m., Monday – Friday, with some off hour interaction via email or phone calls.
- Some travel (<5%) local and domestic long distance/overnight.
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted 2 days ago