$50,000 – $65,000 a year
Full Job Description
The LGBT Network is seeking a full-time Contract Voucher Specialist that will handle the vouchering process of sophisticated grants for New York State, Nassau County, Suffolk County and New York City. This new position will also be responsible for the timely submission of claim vouchers based on the funders schedule. The Contract Voucher Specialist position is based out of the Long Island LGBT Center in Hauppauge, New York and reports to the Chief Financial Officer (CFO).
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
The Contract Voucher Specialist is responsible to:
- Manage the monthly and quarterly submissions of claim vouchers and corresponding back-up materials to various New York State, Nassau County, Suffolk County and New York City funders.
- Work in conjunction with CFO, COO and Program Mangers, in the creation and submission of budget modifications as needed.
- Brief CFO weekly as to status of claim voucher submissions.
- Maintain contract files with accuracy.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Associate degree in Accounting, Finance, or Business Administration is required.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Three-plus years of experience in the submission of complex claim vouchers.
- Ability to understand the cash flow implications of these claim’s voucher submissions.
- Nonprofit experience is preferred.
- Experience with different accounting systems, like SAGE Intacct or similar software, is required.
- Experience with Microsoft Excel and Outlook.
- Must be detail oriented, deadline focused, with problem-solving abilities.
- Awareness of, and commitment to, the LGBT community.
- Passion and motivation to be a part of the LGBT Network movement to help LGBT people to be themselves, stay healthy, and change the world.
- Sensitivity, understanding and the ability to effectively interact with individuals, both internal and external, from diverse backgrounds.
- Excellent interpersonal and phone skills and ability to work with a wide range of people.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong organizational skills for handling multiple tasks at once.
The LGBT Network is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization that is a home and voice for LGBT people, their families, and support systems of Long Island and Queens. The LGBT Network and its affiliates are the 5th largest LGBT Center Organization in the country with a $7.5 million budget. The LGBT Network’s community centers throughout the region help LGBT people to be themselves, stay healthy, and change the world. Since 1993, the LGBT Network has been pioneering advocacy and social change to promote safe spaces where LGBT people live, learn, work, play, and pray.