Indeed’s salary guide
- Not provided by employer
- $85.8K – $109K a year is Indeed’s estimated salary for this role in Fort Belvoir, VA.
Full Job Description
Ft. Belvoir, VA, Ft. AP Hill, VA
Strategic ACI is seeking a Computer Vision Developer specializing in geospatial data and remote sensing. The successful candidate will provide development and subject matter expertise to the Engineer Research and Development Center (ERDC) Geospatial Research laboratory (GRL) related to Computer Vision and geospatial image processing. The candidate will function both as an individual contributor, and as part of a larger development and integration team.
- Develop image processing and object recognition capabilities for integration into Assured Position, Navigation, and Timing (APNT) R&D efforts
- Support field exercises and experiments to determine success of new R&D activities
- Create briefing materials and technical documentation to support VIP and leadership presentations
- Active TS/SCI Clearance
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Imaging Science, Information Technology, Management Information Systems, or related STEM degree program
- Proficiency with Geospatial Data Abstraction Library (GDAL), OpenCV, rasterio, computer vision, geospatial image processing
- Proficiency with three-dimensional (3-D) data including 3D Tiles, Well-formed format (WFF), glTF, OBJ, mesh formats, mesh manipulation and texturing.
- Proficiency with open-source Structure-from-Motion (SfM) packages
- Proficiency and ability to use multiple programming languages including, but not limited to, Python, C/C++/C#, MATLAB, Java
- Proficiency with Windows and Unix-based operating sytems.
- Ability to design, create, and utilize Docker containers
- Knowledge of remote sensing fundamental concepts, geospatial vector layer formats, setup and operation of WMS/WMTS services
- Ability to brief technical material while minimizing technical jargon.
- Self-starter with natural curiosity and a sincere interest in furthering geospatial capabilities for the US Army and the Nation
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Management Information Systems, or related degree program.
- Experience with Esri ArcGIS Applications
- Ability to write technical articles and a history of publishing internal reports, conference proceedings, and peer-reviewed journals
Where permitted by applicable law, must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, willing to become fully vaccinated prior to starting employment, or request and be approved for a legally entitled accommodation.
Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT