$35,500 – $41,500 a year
Driver’s License (Preferred)
Full Job Description
Community Engagement Specialist
The Community Engagement Specialist is responsible for providing direct service, Outreach, assisting with training & technical assistance initiatives, event coordination, and program evaluation. LGB TGNC Adults and Youth, training, and technical assistance projects.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Responsible for the provision of direct services including but not limited to advocacy, counseling, and group facilitation
- Working with LGBT Youth and Adults
- Provide support to the Program Director and Coordinators on IOOV’s major events duties include but are not limited to- coordination/facilitation of planning committee meetings; researching/identifying potential venues, outreach and recruitment of participants, volunteers, and speakers
- Provides face-to-face, online and outreach in underserved areas and venues accessed by the target community for the purpose of program promotion and enrollment.
- Assist in the development of program evaluation tools, community surveys, and needs assessments to identify emerging trends, community needs, etc.
- Serve as the lead in distribution and collecting of evaluation tools, community surveys, and needs assessments.
- Ensure all accomplished activities of the position are entered into appropriate databases, including a monthly AIRS extract.
- Submit documentation and reports in compliance with project requirements, as well as provide monthly reports
- Ensure confidentiality is being upheld as required by law and IOOV policy.
- Demonstrate a commitment to the mission of In Our Own Voices
- Bachelor degree preferred and highly recommended
- Minimum of two-year human services experience; outreach, education, and/or case management experience.
- Must be able to work flexible hours (includes after hours and weekends)
- Valid, unrestricted driver’s license and independent means of transportation for travel per program needs.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $35,500.00 – $41,500.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Albany, NY 12210: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
- working with LGBT communities: 2 years (Preferred)
- Outreach: 2 years (Preferred)
- Training and Technical Assisstance: 1 year (Preferred)
- Spanish (Preferred)
- Driver’s License (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
Hiring 1 candidate for this role
Posted 1 day ago