$45,000 – $60,000 a year
Full Job Description
The Community Climate Collaborative (C3), a non-profit organization headquartered in Charlottesville, VA, is seeking a dynamic, highly motivated, full-time Climate Policy Analyst. This position is a key component of our organization, and the Climate Policy Analyst will enter the organization at a critical juncture. This position will help to take C3’s single-city model of engagement and action and replicate it in additional communities on a near-term horizon.
C3 is seeking an individual with a strong interest in the field of climate change, climate justice, transit, energy equity, renewable energy, energy efficiency, location efficiency, and other climate solutions. The ideal candidate should be creative, thorough, and solution-oriented. The Climate Policy Analyst takes primary responsibility for collaborating with C3’s policy analysis, design, and advocacy as well as data collection, data entry, data analysis, proofreading, and report writing.
The Community Climate Collaborative welcomes diversity. Women, people of color, persons with disabilities, and LGBTQ individuals are encouraged to apply.
This position reports to the Director of Climate Policy. Additionally, this role will work collaboratively with all team members to plan campaigns, communications strategies, and development opportunities to advance climate action.
- Undertake research and analysis of climate policy literature (with a focus on local policies);
- Identify and assess well-established climate solutions, as well as cutting-edge ones;
- Deliver policy-relevant analyses and research by writing reports, policy briefings, white papers, social media posts, op-eds, and other informational materials;
- Contribute to communications associated with policy analyses, including media interviews and written outputs such as blogs and articles;
- Prepare and participate in partner meetings, workshops, and other events as needed;
- Prepare technical presentations in a creative and friendly manner;
- Assist with community organizing and climate policy advocacy;
- Coordinate projects with relevant stakeholders and project partners– internally and externally;
- Assist with other miscellaneous program tasks; and
- Manage intern(s) and/or volunteer(s).
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (and G-Suite), especially Excel;
- Excellent research, analytical, and writing skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to communicate clearly, listen actively, and interact with a variety of audiences;
- Demonstrated ability to finish projects and deliver on commitments;
- Excellent writing and verbal skills;
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, and a motivated self-starter;
- Professional proficiency in Spanish is desirable but not necessary; and
- Knowledge of GIS softwares and/or statistical softwares is desirable but not necessary.
- A degree (or equivalent work experience) in a climate-related field of study such as public policy studies, environmental management, social sciences, law or economics or a related field;
- Knowledge and understanding of key aspects of climate change and sectoral policies;
- Analytical skills and the ability to work with quantitative and qualitative data.
- Working experience in climate or energy policy related fields;
- Experience in project management and coordination; and
- Interest in and proven ability to work in a diverse and interdisciplinary team.
Compensation & Benefits
- Market competitive salary
- Health & dental insurance coverage
- Paid personal time off plus holidays
- Self-improvement allowance
- Retirement plan and life & disability insurance benefits
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume and salary requirements. The Charlottesville Climate Collaborative strives for an inclusive and diverse workplace. Women, people of color, persons with disabilities, and LGBT individuals are encouraged to apply.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $45,000.00 – $60,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: One location
Hiring 1 candidate for this role