Full Job Description
Business Immigration – Paralegals (NIV) – Arlington, VA
Erickson Immigration Group has several career opportunities for experienced Business Immigration Paralegals (NIV) to join our expanding team in our Headquarters office, located in Arlington, VA.
Hybrid work schedule and FLEX time! Casual Work Attire (please… wear Jeans!)
Primary Responsibilities for the Role:
- The Paralegal plays a crucial part on the legal team(s) and is involved with petition and application drafting and other tasks as required to support positive business immigration client outcomes.
- With a high-volume caseload, prepares and files petitions and applications, including the writing of detailed supporting documentation, for non-immigrant visas (NIVs) including but not limited to H1B, TN, E-3, and H-1B1.
- Compiles and analyzes case facts, drafts correspondence, maintains and organizes client documentation.
- Reviews documentation to determine facts + information.
- Maintains direct contact with multiple Attorneys, Foreign National clients, and in house Global Mobility Managers.
- Reports to Attorneys, Case Managers, and/or other relevant leaders.
- Professional working experience as a Business Immigration Paralegal with high volume business immigration law caseloads/matters including the writing of detailed support letters.
- Strong organizational & time management skills and ability to prioritize.
- Ability to generate work product with considerable accuracy and attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a focus on delivering exceptional customer service.
- Works independently toward team goals.
- Outstanding case/project management skills.
- Effective communication skills (written and verbal) including actively listening.
- Works well in a team environment.
- Strong team focus that assists to foster a sense of community within the firm.
- Multi-tasking and fulfills daily responsibilities in a fast-paced work environment.
- Accepts and adapts to feedback regarding work performance.
- Fluency of the English language in both written and verbal forms.
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office applications, including but not limited to Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Teams; VisaTrax/INSZoom and Document Management System.
- Must be able to operate a multi-line phone, calculator, copier, fax, and scanner.
We are Experts in Global Business Immigration | Corporate Immigration Law for Multinational Organizations!
- Immigration Program Management & Compliance
- International Practice | Global Immigration
- Nonimmigrant Visa Services
- Immigrant Visa Services/PERM
Erickson Immigration Group is proud to work with our inspiring and dynamic clients, and their foreign national employees. From innovative start-ups to industry-defining Fortune 500s, our approach is the same — provide high-touch service, transparent and accessible data and dashboards, relevant and timely communication, and the EIG Perfect Plus commitment to “get to yes.”
Sectors represented by our firm include CRM service, E-commerce, Social and online news media, Online entertainment and television / movie production, FinTech / financial services, Healthcare, Manufacturing, and Universities / Public School Districts.
Diversity, equity and inclusivity make us a stronger organization!
- Different voices from a variety of backgrounds allow us to be more knowledgeable, nuanced, empathic, and ultimately, allow us to be better at what we do.
- 50% of the firm’s executive leadership are 1st generation daughters of immigrants and women of color.
- We speak 29 different languages.
- Over 20% of our team are immigrants. Many are first-generation Americans who have a personal connection to the immigration process.
- 72% of our employees are women. Women currently lead every department at EIG including finance, HR, operations, case management, marketing, and managing our legal teams.
- 60% of our employees are minorities. We work closely with historically black colleges and universities as part of our recruitment strategy.
- Our company policy is to honor all our employees by celebrating together. We collectively celebrate Christmas, Hanukkah, Eid, Easter, Kwanza, Diwali, Juneteenth, Hispanic Heritage Month, Black History Month, Women’s History Month, LGBT Pride Month, and Lunar New Year.
Erickson Immigration Group offers a robust suite of benefits for our staff:
- Salary + Supplemental Bonus Pay Programs
- Casual Work Attire (Jeans, yes Jeans!)
- Paid Time Off (PTO), Paid Maternity/Paternity Leave, Paid Holidays, Bereavement Leave, and Jury Duty Leave
- Affordable Medical/Rx, Dental, Vision, Short- and Long-Term Disability, and Group Life/AD&D insurance.
- Health Savings Account/Flexible Spending Accounts to help offset the costs of dependent care and/or health care expenses
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with generous employer matching contributions and an aggressive vesting schedule.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP), Beneficiary Assistance, Will Prep and Travel Assistance with Identity Theft Assistance.
** Please note, we are not working with outside recruiters for this position**.
EIG is firmly committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity. The Company provides employment opportunity without regard to race, color, sex, pregnancy, age, religion, national origin, disability, genetic information, veteran status, or any individual’s status in any class protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. All aspects of the employment relationship (including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, working conditions, compensation, benefits, promotion, discipline, termination, and general treatment during employment) are subject to this policy.