Full Job Description
1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you!
The Role: Xylem seeks to hire a Business Analyst that will be the primary business point of contact for all the software tools used by the Xylem software development community. This position will leverage relationship, governance, processes and analytics to maximize the investment in the software tools procured for and used by Xylem. We’re looking for individual who is highly motivated, self-sufficient, organized, detail-oriented, with good communication skills, and excellent analytical skills.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Perform business and system analysis on multiple software applications and tools used by Enterprise development and production support teams.
- Serve as a vendor liaison for select applications, evaluate and understand the contractual/license agreements, work with internal teams on negotiation and procurement.
- Collaborate with internal teams to identify opportunities to optimize usage, save costs, and improve usability and associated integrations.
- Track and Report on license terms, forecasted/actual usage, budgets, timely invoice payments.
- Work with finance and project management teams to cross charge internal business units for license/usage costs.
- Develop reports and dashboards that communicate to management and stakeholders the overall statistics and strategy; provide analysis for business decision support.
- Assist management in the maintenance and support of software applications and tools; track maintenance and support renewals for hardware in multiple private cloud data centers.
- Collaborate with teams to forecast and budget annual costs of software applications and tools, including any related costs associated with new projects.
- Assist management by working with teams to track cloud costs and facilitate reports and dashboards used by management and supported teams.
- Administer certain apps, support onboard-offboard of users, utilizing Xylem security best practices.
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2 or more years’ experience in Software procurement, Vendor Management, Supplier Relationship Management, IT Operations and/or IT project support.
- Ability to work in a matrix environment, demonstrating strong collaboration and partnering skills.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and solving multiple complex problems.
- Ability to work with offshore and international teams, understanding cultural differences and promoting ‘one-team’ culture.
- Understanding of benchmarking and performance management processes and techniques.
- Expertise with data query and reporting tools; expertise with advanced knowledge of Excel formulas.
- Customer service mindset.
- Ability to consistently meet assigned objectives, support team metrics, monitor progress and convey results against these measures.
- Prioritization; quickly creates focus on the most important issues.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including teamwork, issue resolution, negotiation, and customer relationship management; strong communication and presentation skills.
- Experience managing contracts in an organization with a wide array of stakeholders across multiple competencies preferred.
- Prior negotiation and sourcing skills preferred.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
(The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters and must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Light lifting (20-25 lbs.), office environment
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
- Regularly required to listen, talk to, and see employees on a daily basis.
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted 1 day ago