Bourbon Pub & Parade
US work authorization (Required)
Day Shift (Preferred)
Night Shift (Preferred)
Overnight Shift (Preferred)
Full Job Description
The Bourbon Pub and Parade is looking to hire an observant, efficient Barback who can work with other staff members to ensure that our customers receive prompt, seamless service.
The Barback will assist in cleaning the bar, preparing garnishes, ensuring the bar is well stocked with napkins, straws, cups, glassware, garnishes, and all other necessities, while also taking on other duties to support the bartenders and ensure that the bar operates smoothly. The ideal candidate should be knowledgeable about liquor, be attentive, detail-oriented and focused on providing the best possible service in a fast-paced environment. Open availability is a must as late night shifts are our busiest times.
The Bourbon Pub and Parade is New Orleans’ largest gay and lesbian bar and nightclub, operating continuously since its doors opened in 1974. The epicenter of New Orleans’ LGBT community located in the heart of the French Quarter at the corner of Bourbon and St. Ann Streets.
If you are interested, reply to the email above with your name, contact information, a brief paragraph about yourself and a copy of your resume.
Bar Back Responsibilities:
- Assisting with opening and closing duties, such as restocking the bar with garnishes, straws, and napkins, ensuring that bartenders have clean towels, cups, glassware, etc.
- Ensuring bar is well-stocked with ice, liquor, wine, and beer.
- Checking taps and appliances to confirm that they are working properly, making minor repairs or changing out kegs, if needed.
- Keeping the bar clean by wiping down surfaces, sweeping and mopping, removing soiled glassware, scrubbing coolers and storage areas, and emptying trash receptacles
- Communicating clearly and effectively with co-workers, managers and customers
- Maintain records and report levels of usage to assist in reordering process and ensuring that delivered items are stored properly
- Minimum of 21+ years old
- High school Diploma
- Able to pass a background check
- Availability to work varied shifts including evenings, late nights, weekends and holidays
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- Welcoming, friendly, and positive attitude
- Neat and well-kept appearance that fits company dress code and standards
- Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time during each shift
- Adheres to all regulatory, company and department policies and procedures
- Capable of lifting minimum of 50 pounds
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $6.20 per hour
- Flexible schedule
- 10 hour shift
- 12 hour shift
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Every weekend
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
All employees are required to be vaccinated.
- Barback: 1 year (Preferred)
- Day Shift (Preferred)
- Night Shift (Preferred)
- Overnight Shift (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
Hiring 1 candidate for this role