Indeed’s salary guide
- Not provided by employer
- $48.7K – $61.7K a year is Indeed’s estimated salary for this role in Sarasota, FL.
Full Job Description
Since opening our doors in 1926, Seacoast Bank has embraced a visionary approach to the future while remaining true to our local roots and family values. Based in Stuart, we are one of the largest publicly traded banks headquartered in Florida.
We believe that our greatest assets will always be our people — local bankers who are knowledgeable about the communities we serve and dedicated to providing an exceptional customer experience.
We offer exciting and challenging opportunities in an environment that supports diversity, enabling associates across the organization a greater sense of empowerment to create change for the better. This is evident in our American Banker “2020 Best Banks to Work For” and “Best Places to Work for LGBT Equality” by the Human Rights Campaign designations.
A Banking Center Manager is responsible for developing and implementing strategies focused on branch profitability and performance. Additionally, the position is expected to lead and develop the branch team and is responsible for maximizing branch performance. Consistently gains the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity, and authenticity.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- College degree or 5+ years in retail sales and/or financial services experience required.
- Proficient in all consumer lending products and maintain an active NMLS registration status.
- Demonstrate excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- PC Proficiency in Desktop, Laptop, Tablet, and Smartphone devices as well as Microsoft Office Suite software.
- Able to proactively lead, manage, motivate and coach associates to produce desired results.
- 2+ years of previous supervisory experience required.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Assess and coach branch team while providing constructive feedback to increase overall effectiveness and ensure accountability.
- Embrace new technology and remain up to date on industry changes to create an open environment that fosters idea generation and innovation.
- Responsible for all aspects of the branch team regarding employment, training, scheduling, performance appraisals, salary changes, promotions, transfers, corrective action, and termination.
- Drive engagement by creating and fostering an ongoing career development plan with the branch team.
- Perform as primary liaison for complex, escalated situations.
- Fulfill talent management accountabilities including succession planning, attracting and retaining top talent, and continuously developing strong bench strength.
- Develop trusting & cooperative working relationships with customers and associates. Maintain a positive working environment by building team morale and providing ongoing recognition.
- Create brand awareness at community, charitable and civic events as a bank ambassador.
- Proactively seek continuing education opportunities to enhance leadership
- Be highly proficient and lead Customer-facing technology with the ability to discuss with and enroll customers in self-service products/processes.
- Consistent execution of the Community Bank playbook to ensure the overall success of the branch.
- Foster and drive activities leading to opportunities for consumer loan growth including but not limited to:
- Customer Educational Seminars
- Client Retention Calls
- New Client Prospecting
- Outbound Telephone Calling Efforts
- Networking Events
- Work with staff to foster true needs based customer conversations through Relationship Builder coaching and observations.
- Develop and maintain a mature Center of Influence (COI) base of community and business leaders, leveraging them to gain additional business through referrals.
- Develop and maintain partnerships with an internal line of business leaders.
- Compile data and prepare various branch reports and other management reports as assigned.
- Able to balance business needs with customer requests while managing potential risk to the bank.
- Responsible for reviewing and adhering to branch operational procedures and controls while communicating updates to associates. Follows up on all audit deficiencies.
- Ensure all safety and security procedures are followed. Serves as the primary branch security contact and business continuity leader.
- Function in any capacity within the branch as needed up to and including Teller, Client Advisor, and Teller Manager roles.
- Manage the branch budget including scorecards, branch profit, income, and expenses.
- Implement strategies to improve revenue generation while managing costs.
- Ensure branch adherence to AML/BSA requirements, audit procedures, dual control, security, and all other regulated banking requirements.
- Responsible for facility management and branch security including but not limited to ATM, Drive-Thru, Branch Building, and Aesthetics.
- Responsible for the maintenance and testing of the Business Continuity Plans and Recovery Procedures for areas of responsibility. Ensures that issues identified through testing or Audit results are appropriately addressed and mitigated. Also responsible for conducting annual awareness training with team members to familiarize them with key information on response strategies and recovery action plans.
Business Development/Credit Acumen
- Ability to source Treasury Management solutions and services and small business lending needs.
- Responsible for a basic understanding of all consumer products and services with a strong emphasis on consumer lending.
- Demonstrate basic knowledge of small business deposit and lending products and services.
- Work collaboratively with Small Business Banking team to meet the needs of small business customers.
- Observe joint sales calls with line of business partners.
- Have an introductory knowledge of all consumer credit facilities including, but not limited to:
- Structuring proper terms and products based on customer needs.
- Basic understanding of personal financial statements and tax returns to identify creditworthiness and identifying risk potential.