Indeed’s salary guide
- Not provided by employer
- $43.2K – $54.6K a year is Indeed’s estimated salary for this role in Port Orange, FL.
Full Job Description
Since opening our doors in 1926, Seacoast Bank has embraced a visionary approach to the future while remaining true to our local roots and family values. Based in Stuart, we are one of the largest publicly traded banks headquartered in Florida.
We believe that our greatest assets will always be our people — local bankers who are knowledgeable about the communities we serve and dedicated to providing an exceptional customer experience.
We offer exciting and challenging opportunities in an environment that supports diversity, enabling associates across the organization a greater sense of empowerment to create change for the better. This is evident in our American Banker “Best Banks to Work For” and “Best Places to Work for LGBT Equality” by the Human Rights Campaign designations.
An Assistant Manager is responsible to assist in developing and implementing strategies focused on branch profitability and performance. Additionally, the position is expected to help lead and develop the branch team and is responsible for maximizing branch performance under the guidance of the Banking Center Manager. Consistently gains the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity, and authenticity.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- College degree or 5+ years in retail sales and/or financial services experience required.
- Proficient in all consumer lending products and maintain an active NMLS registration status.
- Demonstrate excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- PC Proficiency in Desktop, Laptop, Tablet, and Smartphone devices as well as Microsoft Office Suite software.
- Able to proactively lead, manage, motivate and coach associates to produce desired results.
- 2+ years Consumer Lending experience required.
- 2+ years of Business Development experience preferred.
- 2+ years of previous supervisory experience preferred.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Assess and coach branch team in conjunction with the Banking Center Manager while providing constructive feedback to increase overall effectiveness and ensure accountability.
- Expected to conduct regular coaching sessions in addition to BCM coaching.
- Responsible for assisting the BCM in all aspects of the branch team regarding employment, training, scheduling, and associate relations.
- Perform as primary liaison for complex, escalated situations.
- Fulfill talent management accountabilities including succession planning, attracting and retaining top talent, and continuously developing strong bench strength.
- Develop trusting & cooperative working relationships with customers and associates. Maintain a positive working environment by building team morale and providing ongoing recognition.
- Create brand awareness at community, charitable and civic events as a bank ambassador.
- Proactively seek continuing education opportunities to enhance leadership skills.
- Be highly proficient and lead Customer-facing technology with the ability to discuss with and enroll customers in self-service products/processes.
- Consistent execution support of the Community Bank playbook to ensure the overall success of the branch.
- Foster and drive activities leading to opportunities for consumer loan growth.
- Work with staff to foster true needs-based customer conversations through Relationship Builder coaching and observations.
- Develop and maintain a mature Center of Influence (COI) base of community and business leaders, leveraging them to gain additional business through referrals.
- Develop and maintain partnerships with the internal line of business leaders.
- Compile data and prepare various branch reports and other management reports as assigned.
- Able to balance business needs with customer requests while managing potential risk to the bank.
- Responsible for oversight of the review and adherence to branch operational procedures and controls while communicating updates to associates.
- Ensure all safety and security procedures are followed. Serves as the primary branch security contact and business continuity leader.
- Function in any capacity within the branch as needed up to and including Teller, Client Advisor, and Branch Support Coordinator roles.
- Partnership with BSA to ensure branch adherence to AML/BSA requirements, audit procedures, dual control, security, Business Continuity, and all other regulated banking requirements.
- Assist customers with notary, signature guarantee, and or medallion stamp
- Responsible for KYC Memo and RFI accountabilities.
Business Development/Credit Acumen
- Ability to source Treasury Management solutions and services and small business lending needs.
- Responsible for a comprehensive understanding of all consumer products and services with a strong emphasis on consumer lending.
- Demonstrate extensive knowledge of small business deposits and working knowledge of lending products and services.
The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills. Because these statements are general, the job description is used for a variety of purposes including job evaluations; performance appraisals; recruitment; etc.
All Associates are required to adhere to the highest legal and ethical standards applicable to our industry while observing both the spirit and letter of all government regulations, laws, and bank policies and procedures.