1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you!
The Role: The Application Engineering role provides technical expertise for monitoring & controls as well as mechanical equipment. The team performs a diversified range of engineering functions for pre and post sales technical support for the development and implementation of complex projects, applications and solutions.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Regularly partner with sales, product management, operational management and other internal teams to accomplish company objectives.
- Interact with channel partners, regional managers, consultants, contractors, OEM’s and end users on a daily basis through verbal and written communication.
- Works closely with outside sales, internal colleagues, distributors, consulting engineers, or others to develop understanding of the consulting request. Partners closely with the requestor to information to better classify the need including level of technical involvement, expertise required, urgency, application, customer type, etc.
- Works closely with the party who requested consultation to gain deeper understanding of request and scope the need. Understands technical questions to ask to ensure proper information is provided in order to meet consulting need.
- Responsible for providing technical and product expertise, as well as researching and gathering data in order to understand how to meet the requestor’s consulting need or solve the problem. Works closely with internal colleagues, subject matter experts, and technical and commercial resources to gather relevant data including technical/commercial implications of potential solutions, as well as history related to the customer or request.
- Responsible for meeting the requestor’s consulting need or develop viable solution to requestor’s problem. Typical problem solving could include turn-key or engineered-to-order system design, customer station design, custom accessory or ancillary equipment design support, training requests, engineering specification, or technical presentation and training development.
- Works closely with outside sales and internal colleagues to communicate and validate consulting need has been fulfilled or to present proposed solution. If requestor is not satisfied with outcome, the AE is responsible for further consultation. AE acts as advocate and advisor to ensure consulting need is met.
- Responsible for providing an initial, high level review of all technical documentation for a project including specifications, plans, drawings, etc. Provides technical expertise to assist opportunity with initial tender review. May participate in on-site job walk at customer site.
- Acts as a technical consultant in efforts to prepare project bid. Provides product and application expertise, design support, technical drawing support, etc. Advises sales team on technical request and implications as it related to the project.
- Responsible for providing a detailed review of all technical documentation for a project including specifications, plans, drawings, etc. Ensures proposal is feasible, technically viable, and profitable. Calls attention to any risk associated with the technical design of product offering or supporting equipment.
- Acts as a technical consultant in efforts to procure quotes. Provides design support for accessories and ancillary equipment, including third party buy-out items. Creates CAD drawings as necessary for quoting purposes.
- Acts as a technical consultant in efforts to prepare and review bid package.
- Works closely with outside sales, internal colleagues, distributors, contractors, consulting engineers, or others to develop understanding of the post-sale customer support needed. Partners closely with the internal colleagues to obtain classifying information of the need including level of technical involvement, expertise required, urgency, application, customer type, etc.
- Works closely with the party who requested post sale support to gain deeper understanding of request and scope the need. Understands technical questions to ask to ensure proper information is provided in order to meet post sales need.
- Responsible for providing technical and product expertise, as well as researching and gathering data in order to understand how to solve the post-sale customer need. Works closely with internal colleagues, subject matter experts, and technical and commercial resources to gather relevant data including technical/commercial implications of potential solutions, as well as history related to the customer and specific job.
- Responsible for developing solution or corrective measure to complete customer need. Typical problem solving could include troubleshooting, technical documentation and reports, performance evaluation, product modification, or accessory redesign.
- Works closely with outside sales and internal colleagues to present proposed solution or corrective measure. If customer is not satisfied with proposal the AE is responsible for further corrective measures.
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
- Maintain product knowledge through training and seminars
- Participate in new initiatives as requested
- Assume other duties and responsibilities as required
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- This position requiresa Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering
- 3 – 5 years of experience working in the field of water and/or wastewater treatment industry
- Experience with Engineering tools
- Specific hands-on field experience with rotary mechanical equipment, controls, electrical panels, and/or is a plus
- Legendary customer service skills; an unwavering passion for taking care of the customer
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Strong collaborative and respectful people leadership and business acumen
- Ability to work with diverse workforce and customer base and in a matrixed organization
- Excellent analytical, influential and reasoning behaviors
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Professional Engineering License
- Green Belt Certification.
- Experience with Salesforce.com Customer Relationship Management (CRM) and Select Configure Price Quote (SCPQ)
- Continuous improvement, lean practices, value stream mapping and waste elimination experience
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
(The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters and must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Light lifting of 20-25 pounds.
- Moderate physical demand and exposure to shop and field elements
- Required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility or customer job site.
- Regularly required to listen, talk to, and see employees and customers on a daily basis
- General office environment and use of phone and computer equipment.
- Shop/Job Site: Exposure to warehouse/shop. Exposure to undesirable field elements at treatment plants or contractors site. May need to walk job sites and treatment plants.
- Travel as required to fulfill the duties listed above or as required by the Company.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Just posted