Accounting Manager II -Captives
What can you look forward to as an Accounting Manager II?
- An opportunity to grow professionally
- An invigorating and challenging work environment
- An opportunity to work with senior members of Fortune 100 companies
- Continuing education & training
- Opportunity to work virtually or in an Aon office in the US
- An opportunity to work with a diverse and fun team
- A competitive total rewards package
What are the key responsibilities for an Accounting Manager II?
- Oversee the financial reporting for a portfolio of client accounts and serving as the primary contact for individuals from various departments, such as risk management, corporate controllership, tax, legal, etc.
- Lead client service teams for a portfolio of clients ensuring quality and timeliness of financial reporting and regulatory filings
- Mentor and develop accounting team members
- Coordinate efforts with outside service providers, including actuaries, auditors, investment managers, brokers, claims adjusters and outside counsel to proactively meet client needs
- Communicate and execute business plan changes with State regulators
- Prepare and present materials during client board meetings
What skills and qualifications is Aon looking for?
- Effective communicator, with strong interpersonal and communication skills, both verbally and written
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in accounting/finance roles
- Accounting degree, CPA preference
- Organized and able to multi-task with ability to effectively re-prioritize tasks as needed
- Thrive in a team environment
- Demonstrated ability to increase productivity and improve methods and approaches
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Demonstrated effectiveness in presentations to clients
- Detail oriented and ability to understand and drive big picture recommendations
- Contribute to a collaborative, innovative and forward-thinking office environment
What experience or characteristics make a candidate stand out?
- Curiosity and a desire to learn and grow
- Prior experience with captive management
- Experience effectively managing complex projects
- Eagerness to solve challenging problems and share solutions
- A growth mentality and openness to feedback and coaching
Why Aon Captive Insurance?
Aon’s Captive & Insurance Management team is an integral part of Aon’s global operations. Our 500 + captive insurance professionals manage over 1,000 captive insurance companies across 39 locations around the globe, representing more than 15% of the captive insurance market. Our clients span every sector and Industry and are primarily made up of fortune 500 companies.
Aon Captive & Insurance Management (ACIM) is an integral part of Aon Global Risk Consulting. Our 460 captive professionals manage over 1,000 captives across 39 domiciles, representing more than 15% of the global captive market. We are committed to outstanding customer service and innovation and have access to one of the largest global network of experts in the insurance and reinsurance.
We offer you
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Our Colleague Experience:
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.