tartanbond is a collection of creative PR, social, digital marketing, design, and branding experts. Like a tartan, we are a tightly woven team of passionate, resilient, and approachable people who are unique and diverse in our thinking.
Not to brag, but:
- We’re certified for exceptional workplace culture by The Canadian Workplace Culture Index, the leading Canadian measure of workplace culture.
- We have an incredible roster of national and international loyal clients in industries like travel and tourism, real estate, tech, medical, non-profit, retail, and more.
- Our team is located across Canada and the UK.
- We have experienced steady growth in the past two years (despite the pandemic) including adding a new team in Halifax and expanding our teams in Vancouver, Victoria, and Calgary.
Our sights are now set on growing our Ontario team and you can play a big part in that growth!
tartanbond is looking for a passionate communications professional, and a team player. This is someone with proven management experience to lead day-to-day activities for five to seven travel, tourism and lifestyle accounts, acting as an Account Manager in our expanding Ontario office, located in Toronto.
- Lead accounts, provide high-level corporate reputation and brand strategy guidance, as well as proactively manage client or media crises/issues in collaboration with the senior team
- Build, execute, and evaluate the success of strategic integrated communications plans
- Develop and distribute media and communications materials
- Daily client relationship management
- Build and nurture a strong media network with top-level local, national, and international media within travel, food, fashion, business, lifestyle, tech, health, and LGBT+ sectors
- Duties include hosting at events/dinners; meet and greet site tours and media/influencer trips; planning and executing media and influencer drops/gifting/sponsorship opportunities
- Client-facing activities (includes weekly briefing calls, month-end, and quarterly reports, and strategic planning meetings).
- Work with the Senior Account Manager on business development to secure new clients and PR projects, helping to build pitches/proposals, engaging in research, and participating in presentations, when required.
- Responsible for mentoring and overseeing junior staff on their responsibilities and goals as well as working closely with agency partners to ensure they meet agency standards and best practices.
- Previous account management experience is key, you will be directly managing clients
- Demonstrated experience in building and executing media relations plans; experience building integrated communications plans is an asset
- Understanding of traditional and digital communications platforms
- Event planning experience is a plus
- Established network of media and influencer contacts and proven track record of securing media coverage
- Experience executing influencer campaigns is an asset
- Strong communications skills
- Genuine interest in travel and lifestyle brands
- Eager to learn and grow
- A positive attitude
- 4+ years MRPR experience is required
- Tourism and hospitality experience a plus
- Agency experience is advantageous
We proudly offer a flexible work environment with remote working days mixed in with an office space when it’s safe to do so. Our vibrant co-working office space is located in the trendy Yonge and Wellesley area, minutes from the TTC and a short distance to several national media outlets, Provincial government buildings and Toronto’s popular Gay Village. We have a brightly coloured lunch space great for socializing and that offers complimentary coffee and afternoon snacks.
tartanbond is a friendly and collaborative workplace that focuses on work-life balance, personal growth and equal opportunities for all. We continually embrace change and we are always striving to do things the right way. We lead with kindness, always.
Our team embodies our six core values of:
Equity, Diversity, Decolonization, and Inclusion (EDDI)
tartanbond is a force for good, through the people we employ, the work we produce, the clients we partner with and the causes we support. Equity, diversity, and inclusion are becoming ingrained in our DNA. We embrace and celebrate individuality and we are committed to proactively creating opportunities for all in our quest to build a more diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace.
We demonstrate our progress by substantive change and accountable action such as:
- Our global EDDI committee and aggressive goal setting
- Continuous employee training
- Our client work with Canada’s LGBT+ Chamber of Commerce and the Indigenous Tourism Association of Canada
We continue to follow government guidelines closely. We are currently working remotely but will be back in the office part-time when it’s safe to do so. Our Toronto office does require proof of double vaccination to enter, and all staff must wear a mask when in the common areas.