Position: Construction Project Manager
Duration: Direct Hire
Location: Los Alamos
Professional Project Services Inc. has upcoming opportunity for Construction Project Manager (Direct Hire) positions at our offices in Los Alamos, NM. Please submit resumes via the web page link below.
Professional Project Services, Inc. (Pro2Serve®) is a nationally-recognized technical and engineering services firm dedicated to providing critical infrastructure engineering services in support of our Nation’s security. Using a disciplined systems engineering approach that is supported by an innovative software toolset, Pro2Serve provides solutions to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of our government and private clients. We support the defense, energy, and science markets through responsive, cost-effective execution of critical security, facilities and infrastructure, nuclear defense and nonproliferation, and environmental projects.
In coordination with USACE Albuquerque District, the position shall perform Quality Assurance (QA) and Construction management support services on various construction projects to be performed at Los Alamos National Laboratory, Los Alamos, NM. On-site construction representation during construction activities include safety, quality assurance, construction schedules, and contract modifications. Assures construction contract compliance and implementation of 3 phase inspection system through daily personal efforts and direction of Resident/Project Engineer. Assures construction contracts monitored are met in timely and quality manner. Responsible for verifying the enforcement of contractor’s Health and Safety Plan; and safety standards outlined in EM 385-1-1. Maintains liaison with District Office, and the Using Agency to coordinate and resolve problems as necessary to accomplish the mission. Assures contractor’s compliance to contract plans and specifications or site safety surveillance.
Provide engineering and construction oversight activities to include but not be limited to:
- Receive, review and disseminate Requests for Information (RFIs), shop drawings and submittals. Check and analyze submittal registers, shop drawings, certifications, materials, etc. to determine their adequacy on conformance to contract requirements, including but not limited to, dimensions, tolerances, clearances, fits, finishes and materials.
- Recommend changes to correct errors or nonconformance with Contract Plans and Specifications.
- Monitor the shop drawing procedures.
- Analyze effects of changes, modifications, and other issues on the schedule. Complexity of assignments could potentially require considerable creativity and judgment to devise approaches to accomplish work, resolve design and operational problems, and make decisions in situations where standard engineering methods, procedures, and techniques may not be applicable.
- Provide advice on unusual or controversial problems or policy matters.
- Prepare designs and specifications for various complex equipment or systems.
- Plan approach to solve design problems; conceive and recommend new design techniques; resolve design problems with contract personnel, and assure compatibility of design with other parts of the system.
- Design and coordinate testing plans.
- May advise equipment users on redesign to solve unique operational deficiencies.
- Assure that the Contracting Officer’s Representative (COR) has final approval on the RFI’s, shop drawings, and submittals.
- Review contract plans and specifications; make recommendations regarding contractor’s proposals.
- Track scheduling programs.
- Track contractor deficiencies.
- Check to assure that payments are in accordance with contract terms, unit prices agree with contract prices, extensions are proper, additions and deductions are mathematically correct.
- On a monthly basis review contractor pay applications to insure that all required documents are provided and are accurate.
- Prepare/assist in preparation of status reports.
- Analyze construction contractor’s initial and monthly baseline schedule submission in accordance with the requirements of the Performance Work Statement.
- Input the pay estimate data into Resident Management System (RMS) and submit to the COR for approval ensuring that progress payments are made within established time frame.
- Provide support to office staff with contract modifications.
- Update modification records, plans, and specifications. Assure that the Contracting Officer has the final determination on contract reviews, Government estimates, and contract modifications.
- Prepare technical correspondence and make recommendations for the Contracting Officer regarding contract modifications.
- Review contractor QC and Government QA reports on a monthly basis to determine if time extensions for unusually severe weather are warranted.
- Prepare final Quantity Balancing modification for use by the Contracting Officer.
- Perform the following QA duties: attend all preparatory, initial inspections, and final inspections; prepare QA reports in RMS; monitor performance of the Contractor’s QC (CQC) and Safety systems; assure that weekly contractor payrolls are submitted and reviewed for accuracy; assure an accurate deficiency tracking list is prepared by the CQC and maintained; review contractor submittals and RFI’s.
- Have working knowledge of EM 385-1-1, the Corps of Engineers Safety and Health Manual.
- Review contractor safety and observe adherence to EM 385-1-1.
- Attend Safety meetings.
- Previous experience with USACE projects/programs highly desired
Federal Government Clearance:
This position may require the ability to obtain a government clearance. This position may require reviews and test for absence of any illegal drugs along with a background investigation by the Federal government in order to obtain an access authorization prior to employment, and may require subsequent reinvestigations may be required.
Affirmative Action Employer—M/F/Vet/Disab/LGBT
Pro2Serve’s benefits package was carefully designed to meet the needs of our employees and their families.
These benefits include:
- Major Medical Plan with Prescription Card, Dental Plan, Vision, and Disability Insurance
- Retirement Plan 401(k)
- Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP)
- Comprehensive Leave
Please submit salary or hourly rate requirements along with resume or in a cover letter.
Los Alamos, NM area
Please submit resumes via the web page link.
If you meet the above requirements/qualifications, please click the Apply Now button to submit your resume to be considered for this position, as well as added to our national database. We look forward to talking with candidates who have the requisite skills and experience level.
Please click this link below to apply to the position. Web Page and Resume Submittal Page may take a few seconds or a minute to load. Job# 2018-P2S-077