Position: Quality Assurance Specialist
Duration: Direct Hire
Location: Paducah, KY
Professional Project Services Inc. has upcoming opportunity for Quality Assurance Specialist (Direct Hire) positions at our offices in Paducah, KY. Please submit resumes via the web page link below.
Professional Project Services, Inc. (Pro2Serve®) is a nationally-recognized technical and engineering services firm dedicated to providing critical infrastructure engineering services in support of our Nation’s security. Using a disciplined systems engineering approach that is supported by an innovative software toolset, Pro2Serve provides solutions to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of our government and private clients. We support the defense, energy, and science markets through responsive, cost-effective execution of critical security, facilities and infrastructure, nuclear defense and nonproliferation, and environmental projects.
Under limited supervision, performs Quality Assurance functions as assigned by management and the Department of Energy (DOE) staff. The specific work assignment may include duties or activities that assist and support management and the DOE staff in one or more of the following functional areas, in addition to other duties as assigned:
- Provide general technical support by performing frequent direct field observations and surveillance activities; supporting incident investigations; monitoring of contractor activities, achievements, and progress in meeting DOE performance objectives; participating in weekly DOE Facility Representative meetings; and providing reports.
- Evaluate/assess practices of onsite contractors pursuant to applicable regulations, DOE orders, standards and associated contractor policies and procedures.
- Develop and conduct assessments, oversight of DOE contractor
- Analyze quality assurance data and make recommendations for improvement.
- Perform tracking and trending of issues and concerns.
- Determine if current methods and techniques result in meeting standards or require modification.
- Lead and support quality assessments, surveillances, and audits.
- Prepare/review quality assurance procedures.
- Provide general technical support to address issues, concerns and requests made of Pro2Serve by the DOE Client.
- Maintain knowledge of and demonstrate ability to perform work safely in accordance with all approved safety policies, procedures and applicable regulations and perform assigned duties in a safe manner.
- BS/BA degree in Engineering from accredited school
- Minimum 5-10 years of Quality Assurance experience on Department of Energy Projects.
- Requires working knowledge of 10CFR830, Subpart A and NQA-1.
- Able to combine multiple inputs, organize technical documents logically, and write succinctly with proper grammar.
- Able and willing to interface daily with DOE Program Managers and Leads and work through them in interfacing with site prime contractors.
- An understanding of and appreciation for the rigor of working in a nuclear facility, including attention to detail, a questioning attitude, ownership of work, self-reporting, and the importance of quality
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and ability to develop and present information to the DOE client and stakeholders.
- Previous ASME NQA-1 Lead Auditor certification preferred.
- Advanced knowledge and experience with quality concepts and principles and how these are applied.
- Knowledge and experience in the following areas and associated tools: performance improvement, assessments, lessons learned, risk characterization, issues and corrective actions management, and causal analysis.
- Active DOE security clearance or the ability to obtain a DOE “L” clearance
- Intermediate PC skills including Microsoft software.
Work in an environmental restoration atmosphere (outdated and/or abandoned facilities). Potential exposure to equipment movement hazards, dangerous chemicals/solvents or hazardous and radioactive materials if proper safety procedures are not followed.
Ability to wear respirator and other protective equipment to enter various types of potentially hazardous areas (such as but not limited to chemical, dust fumes, mists, heat stress factors, etc.).
Potential prolonged walking/standing.
Potential for prolonged driving of or riding in a motor vehicle and working around moving equipment/machinery or motorized vehicles (such as but not limited to car, truck, golf cart, and gator).
Ability to work in heat stress conditions, high noise areas, and areas with radiation and chemical hazards.
Environmental conditions may include weather or temperature extremes, inclement weather (such as but not limited to wind, rain, excessive heat, excessive cold, snow/ice, etc.)
Radiological training will be required.
May be required to operate company vehicle during the course of work. All safety and DOT regulations and procedures must be adhered to at all times.
The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the person assigned to this position. Principal duties and responsibilities are intended to describe the overall purpose of this job.
This job description does not state or imply that the above are the only duties and responsibilities assigned to this position. Employees holding this position will be required to perform job-related duties as requested by management. All requirements are subject to modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with a disability.
Federal Government Clearance:
This position may require the ability to obtain a government clearance. This position may require reviews and test for absence of any illegal drugs along with a background investigation by the Federal government in order to obtain an access authorization prior to employment, and may require subsequent reinvestigations may be required.
Affirmative Action Employer—M/F/Vet/Disab/LGBT
Pro2Serve’s benefits package was carefully designed to meet the needs of our employees and their families.
These benefits include:
- Major Medical Plan with Prescription Card, Dental Plan, Vision, and Disability Insurance
- Retirement Plan 401(k)
- Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP)
- Comprehensive Leave
Please submit salary or hourly rate requirements along with resume or in a cover letter.
Paducah, KY area
Please submit resumes via the web page link.
If you meet the above requirements/qualifications, please click the Apply Now button to submit your resume to be considered for this position, as well as added to our national database. We look forward to talking with candidates who have the requisite skills and experience level.
Please click this link below to apply to the position. Web Page and Resume Submittal Page may take a few seconds or a minute to load.