First Look Media
Field of Vision’s Post-Production Manager oversees and implements the technical needs of Field of Vision. The role manages the delivery and publishing process of our short films, and updates, and uploads to all of Field of Vision’s online channels including Youtube, Vimeo, Facebook and JWPlayer (including managing assets such as subtitles, captions, key art and audio tracks). The ideal candidate will lead the organization and archives of Field of Vision’s file structure and video assets, and provide additional support in the creation of promotional content for films and uploads to social media.
- Work directly with filmmakers to ensure all film delivered to quality and format required.
- Coordinate and manage the delivery of all films and assets from Field of Vision filmmakers. Encode video for web using Adobe Media Encoder and Handbrake.
- Perform print coordinator duties for all of Field of Vision’s films at festivals and special event screenings. Encodes DCPs (using Da Vinci Resolve, and DCP-o-matic and formatting hard drives to EXT3) for delivery to festivals and screenings, working with the venue to ensure QC.
- Use a CMS to edit the website and publish films and articles.
- Work with First Look Media’s web dev team to address site issues.
- Work with the films’ post-production teams, requiring knowledge of sound, color, and title processes — and has the skills to occasionally performing tweaks in-house.
- Manage use of FOV’s edit suite.
- Manage archive process – online and physical
- Coordinate with Design and Tech teams around publishing, and publish short films across all publishing platforms (FOV website, YouTube, Vimeo, Facebook)
- Work with Managing Director and Program Coordinator to ensure all materials delivered in the required timeframe.
- Work with Managing Director on Quality Control process.
- Work with Engagement and Partnership Manager on any promotional materials needed for social media and/or publishing.
- Support Co-Founder & Executive Producer in designing and implementing Field of Vision’s technical structure and needs.
- Fulfill Assistant Editor duties when projects are taken over from independent productions and when projects are produced in-house
- Edit and manage non-text social media and other promotional assets (trailers, gifs, etc.)
- Assist filmmakers with technical requirements needed by Field of Vision.
Background + Qualifications:
- Knowledge of Adobe Suite, Final Cut, Avid Media Composer, working with and transcoding between a variety of codecs and frame rates, and exporting .xmls and changelogs necessary.
- Experience working with filmmakers
- Experience in film delivery preferred.
- College graduate with 3+ years’ experience.
- Strong interest in nonfiction film.
- Self-starter with excellent organization skills; able to anticipate needs and be proactive
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with a team and take direction as needed.
- Ability to thrive and adapt in a fast-paced environment.
- Hardworking, creative, and professional, with unflinching attention to detail.
- Willing to travel as needed.
About Field of Vision
Field of Vision is a filmmaker-driven organisation that commissions filmmakers and artists with developing and ongoing stories around the globe. Field of Vision is committed to advocating for the rights and needs of filmmakers, and supporting cinematic innovation and representation. Recent projects have included the Oscar®-winning feature AMERICAN FACTORY, the Oscar®-nominated features STRONG ISLAND; HALE COUNTY THIS MORNING, THIS EVENING; and Oscar®-nominated shorts A NIGHT AT THE GARDEN and IN THE ABSENCE, as well as the Emmy-winning feature CRIME + PUNISHMENT, and Emmy-nominated short THE SURRENDER.
Founded in 2015 and led by Co-Founder and Executive Producer Charlotte Cook, Field of Vision has commissioned, produced and/or supported more than 130 films – 45 features, 5 episodic series, and 85 short films. Field of Vision has an ongoing commitment supporting innovation and diversity and as such 54% of Field of Vision-supported films have been directed by women and 43% by filmmakers of color. This work has premiered at Sundance, Cannes, Toronto, Berlin, SXSW, Hot Docs, Tribeca, and IDFA, among many other festivals, winning multiple Grand Jury and other awards and nominations.
Distribution partners represent a wide range of media, from publishers the New Yorker and The Intercept and Teen Vogue; distributors NEON, Showtime, BBC, PBS, Hulu; and, exhibitors New York’s IFC Center and London’s Institute for Contemporary Arts.
About First Look Media
First Look Media is a new-model media company devoted to supporting independent voices, from fearless investigative journalism and documentary filmmaking to smart, provocative entertainment. Launched in 2013 by eBay founder and philanthropist Pierre Omidyar, First Look Media was created with the belief that independent perspectives are vital to both a vibrant culture and a thriving democracy.
First Look Media is currently in the market with its flagship properties, The Intercept, Field of Vision, and the recently launched Topic SVOD service, and plans to continue expanding its mission of supporting independent voices via a variety of new brands, formats and platforms as well as through foundational technology helping creators and audiences develop, distribute, discover and connect with meaningful stories.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer-people of color, people with disabilities, women, and LGBT candidates are strongly encouraged to apply; we are committed to a diverse workplace, and to supporting our staff with ongoing career development opportunities