Full Job Description
Comcast Advertising’s Strategy team is hiring a Senior Analyst, focused on supporting initiatives that are critical to the long-term growth of Comcast’s advertising businesses. The role will report to an Executive Director of Strategic Initiatives. In this position, you will assist in the coordination, development and execution of strategic priorities in collaboration with cross-functional teams. The Senior Analyst will be expected to help organize and drive teams to execute against goals in a timely fashion. A successful candidate will require excellent communication and problem-solving skills, talent for helping to manage work across multiple teams and one’s own, the ability to think strategically while remaining detail oriented, and will bring simplicity to complex issues.
- Person would be responsible for assisting on key strategic initiative projects being managed by the team. Some of these projects may involve financial analysis of current business performance and practices, and others may involve industry research, business case creation, benchmark comparisons, etc.
- Person should be able to assist others on team on the “A to Z” lifecycle of a project including the scoping and analysis of an opportunity or business question, driving stakeholder support through preparation of materials & assisting on execution including identifying & minimizing risks
- With support of your manager, build program plans and timelines and assist in the communication of project status to relevant stakeholders.
- Analyze data and interpreting learnings into data visualizations & concise messaging of relevant points
- Work and partner with multiple business units and teams to execute against goals in a timely fashion.
- Quickly gain deep understanding of new subject matter and the related business practices and processes in place around it. Advertising experience is not necessary, but the ability to quickly learn business models and think critically about the industry, is desired.
- Individual would have to be comfortable owning and driving smaller projects or parts of larger initiatives with direction & support
- Projects could necessitate cross-functional work across various stakeholders including various business units, finance, product, and others
- Comfortable working in an environment of change and uncertainty, at times with limited guidance. Willingness to drive progress and “figure it out.”
- Ability to work collaboratively and develop working relationships at various levels across the company
- experience in a highly analytical role such as consulting, investment banking, public accounting, media & tech or advertising
- General understanding and curiosity about the TV & cable industry and the challenges facing it participants across the media landscape
- Ability to multi-task across several competing priorities and help to drive complex projects through the organization
- Accountable; takes ownership of work and assigned tasks, communicating status and encountered challenges in a timely fashion.
- Eagerness to learn about new areas of the business
- Growth mindset
- Familiarity or experience with advertising measurement concepts, and data usage is a plus.
Employees at all levels are expected to:
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job.
- Own the customer experience – think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services.
- Know your stuff – be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team – make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System – a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company – by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Drive results and growth.
- Respect and promote inclusion & diversity.
- Do what’s right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities.
- This information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications.
Comcast is an EOE/Veterans/Disabled/LGBT employer.
Relevant Work Experience
Base pay is one part of the Total Rewards that Comcast provides to compensate and recognize employees for their work. Most sales positions are eligible for a Commission under the terms of an applicable plan, while most non-sales positions are eligible for a Bonus. Additionally, Comcast provides best-in-class Benefits. We believe that benefits should connect you to the support you need when it matters most, and should help you care for those who matter most. That’s why we provide an array of options, expert guidance and always-on tools, that are personalized to meet the needs of your reality – to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life. Please visit the compensation and benefits summary on our careers site for more details.