Kai Ming Inc
Full Job Description
Job Announcement: Teacher Aide
(Part-Time, Non-Exempt Position in San Francisco, CA)
Organization: Kai Ming, Inc. is a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization that provides free full-day full-year; full-day part-year; or part-day part-year Head Start preschool services to eligible children ages 3-5 years old in San Francisco, CA with funding from Head Start, the California Department of Education, First 5 San Francisco and San Francisco Office of Early Care & Education.
Job: This position functions as a ‘floater’ in the center supporting classrooms when needed for up to 30 hours per week. The primary role of this position is to support classroom activities, supervision and needs. The secondary role is to ensure quality food service and sanitation in the center.
Position Type: Part-Time, maximum 30 hours per week. Non-Exempt.
Reports to: Teacher/Site Manager
I. Primary responsibility is to assist the teaching staff, which includes the following duties:
- Prepare classroom activities and classroom environment
- Assist with implementation of curriculum as needed
- Supervise children at all times
- Help ensure indoor/outdoor safety
- Oversee the daily nap routine
- Communicate with parents at pick-up time when needed
- Interact with children appropriately
- Report inappropriate behavior of staff, parents and on-site consultants to the appropriate supervisor.
- Assists center administration staff as assigned by the site manager (e.g. checks and open doors, answer phones, etc.)
- Perform other duties as assigned by the teacher or site manager
II. Secondary role is to assist teachers and/or center aide with kitchen duties as needed. These duties include:
- Receive food from driver and check delivery against driver sheet
- Check and record temperature of food and foods served, and reheating as needed
- Check and record refrigerator/freezer temperatures
- Prepare meals for each class
- Clean up and washing dishes
- Maintain a sanitation log
Qualifications: Kai Ming is looking for experienced classroom personnel who can attend to the care and education of young children in a high quality setting to foster their school readiness of and establish a foundation for success in school and life.
At least 6 months experience working with children 3 to 5 years old; and
6 units in Child Development/Early Childhood Education with a California Child Development Assistant permit.
Hold a food handler permit.
Ability to take initiative, but also to accept direction and seek guidance appropriately.
Ability to maintain highest levels of Health, Safety & Supervision of children.
Annual Physical exam and TB Clearance
Criminal Background Clearance
Child Abuse Index Clearance
Current certification in CPR and First Aid
Adherence to the Confidentiality Agreement
Adherence to the Child Abuse Reporting Mandate
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to change position; to sit, stand, walk, climb or balance; to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; to bend, twist and reach with hands and arms; and to pick up children.
Compensation: Salary will be commensurate with job and skill level. Benefits include health, vision, dental, acupuncture, chiropractic, life insurance, retirement, vacation time, sick leave time and personal time.
Equal Opportunity: Kai Ming promotes Equal Opportunity and strongly encourages women, LGBT, people of color and diverse backgrounds to apply.
Application process: Please apply on this page. Applications are accepted and evaluated until a suitable candidate has been selected.