1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
Xylem, a leading global water technology company dedicated to solving the world’s most challenging water issues, is the leading global provider of efficient, innovative and sustainable water technologies improving the way water is used, managed, conserved and re-used. Our international team is unified in a common purpose: creating advanced technology and other trusted solutions to solve the world’s water challenges. We are committed to creating an organization of inclusion and diversity, where everyone feels involved, respected, valued and connected, and where everyone is free to bring their authentic selves and ideas.
If you are excited and passionate about helping us #letssolvewater, we want to hear from you! For more information, please visit us at www.xylem.com.
We Offer You More Than Just “A Job”
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
The Role: Xylem seeks to hire a North Regional RF Field Engineer. This position is responsible for overall planning and execution of all RF deployment projects employing generally accepted Sensus processes. This position will be responsible for the operations and maintenance scheduling, customer interface, sub-contractors, network deployment, optimization, and customer acceptance.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Will interact with the Sales and Marketing group, business development, hardware and software engineering and project managers and AMI customer base to ensure that Sensus as well as customer’s business needs are being met.
- Will interact with all levels of the customer organization, supervise on-site Sensus personnel and coordinate the activities of corporate, sub-contractor and customer personnel assigned to the project.
Will schedule and conduct periodic reviews of and impose scheduled maintenance and
operational tests to ensure system performance.
Will develop topics for and conducts routine meetings within Sensus to help solidify
projected versus actual field performance metrics, provide standard deployment practices from the deployment of pilots to O&M activities and document findings.
- Will be a part of an operations group that will be responsible to maintain the Sensus integrity for AMI metering and meeting the needs of today as well as the future needs of the business.
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering preferred or equivalent work related experience including AMI / AMR, military, Cellular industry.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills are essential. The ability to work under pressure and provide high quality solutions to problems; must be able to work independently and function well as part of a team internally as well as externally.
- Must be completely literate with all MS Suite applications, general computer skills, able to type efficiently, Spreadsheets, Graphs and Analyses of project related information.
Also a plus to have mapping software experience such as MapInfo, Streets & Trips, Delorme and propagation analysis experience such as Techwizard, Vertical Mapper, PlanetEV etc.
Must be literate in using RF field tools such as Spectrum Analyzer, O*Scope, Wattmeter
- All candidates must have a reliable source of transportation to travel throughout the region
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Travel: 75%
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.