1) The tissue in plants that brings water upward from the roots;
2) a leading global water technology company.
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
Essential Duties/Principal Responsibilities:
- Receives order input and ascertains product specification, clarifies customer order language condensing where possible and verifies product construction. Refers special product orders to proper department for pricing and special construction details.
- Edits customer orders assigning various code numbers for statistical tabulation and commodity identification. Indicates method of shipment, tag information and product pricing.
- Enters orders in ERP system and follows them up until order is acknowledged with a ship date to customers.
- Communicates with customers through verbal, written and personal contact concerning delivery problems and complaints such as material shortages, incorrect shipments, lost material, incorrect pricing and product availability. Interfaces with necessary departments to effect solutions.
- Generates inter-departmental inquiries regarding availability of delinquent product and requests to expedite product when needed.
- Evaluates stock product availability by analyzing customer backlog status with respect to acknowledged shipping schedules, commodity in stock and stock out positions. Enters customer inquiries generating service requests and activities to resolve customer inquiry.
- Receives notice of order readiness and packing details from Shipping. Coordinates order pickup and export logistics with customers and/or shipping companies. Provides pertinent export documentation and required export compliance data to shipping companies to ensure transport is in accordance with US export regulations. Communicates and resolves any logistical problems with customers and/or shipping companies.
- Prepares quotes including product selections, price and lead-time.
- Has an understanding of and the ability to adjust for the variations in culture to work with customers in multiple countries.
- Understands the variations in electrical grids, plumbing, and measuring systems involved in working in a Global environment.
- Has some grasp of the variations in legal requirements for importing and exporting commercial equipment
- Keep files within record keeping corporate policy requirements
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor and/or Manager.
Minimum Qualifications: Education, Experience, Skills, Abilities, License/Certification:
- 4-year degree, preferably in business or technical field
- Must have a working knowledge of order processing and marketing policies and procedures. Should also have a basic knowledge of products, customers, pricing and logistics. Export experience is desirable.
- Minimum of 3 years customer service experience preferably in a technical product line
- Technical aptitude as it relates to the basic understanding of engineered solutions equipment and related tools
- Demonstrated customer advocacy skills
- Ability to self-motivate and work independently
- Comfortable in a fast paced environment welcoming change and growth
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office. Experience working with CRM system (Salesforce.com, Microsoft Dynamics) a plus
- Proficiency in second language a plus – knowledge of Spanish, Korean, or Chinese languages is desirable.
A strong commitment to working with a team, providing excellent customer service, and maintaining
professionalism is required
- Ability to process a high volume of transactions with proficiency, accuracy and integrity
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and prioritize accordingly
- Effective verbal/written communication skills.
- Strong business acumen, organizational, time management skills and attention to detail required
- Ability to work with diverse workforce and customer base
(The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Regularly required to sit or stand, reach, bend and move about the facility
(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
- Office: Standard office equipment; work usually performed in an office setting free from any disagreeable elements.
- Standard weekly job hours: 40 hours
Xylem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.