Kai Ming Inc
Full Job Description
Job Title: Custodian
(Part-Time, Non-Exempt Position in San Francisco, CA)
Organization: Kai Ming, Inc. is a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization that provides free full-day full-year and full-day part-year Head Start preschool services to eligible children ages 3-5 years old in San Francisco, CA with funding from Head Start, the California Department of Education, First 5 San Francisco and San Francisco Office of Early Care & Education.
Job: This is a part-time position. Custodian is responsible for performing custodial duties, minor maintenance and other miscellaneous duties in order to ensure that center facilities are maintained in a healthy, safe and sanitary manner.
Position Type: Part-Time, average 2.5-3 hours per day. Non-Exempt.
Reports to: Site Manager and Facilities Manager
- Sweep Vacuum and mop the classroom area and work area daily.
- Wipe clean chairs and tables daily.
- All garbage and wet garbage pail to be emptied daily and depositing in proper receptacles.
- Make sure all lights are off and windows closed before leaving.
- Cleaning children and adults bathrooms.
Qualifications: Kai Ming, Inc. is seeking an experienced personnel with the ability to work harmoniously in a multi-cultural team; with a caring, compassionate approach to working with children and families who can follow through in an organized and systematic fashion with families and service providers while supporting families in achieving their goals.
- Ability to take initiative, but also to accept direction and seek guidance appropriately.
- Ability to maintain highest levels of Health, Safety & Supervision of children.
- Maintain cooperative work relationships with community agencies.
- React with flexibility and sensitivity to changing situations and needs.
- Organize and prioritize work.
- Annual Physical exam and TB Clearance
- Criminal Background Clearance
- Child Abuse Index Clearance
- Adherence to the Confidentiality Agreement
- Adherence to the Child Abuse Reporting Mandate
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to change position; to sit, stand, walk, climb or balance; to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; to bend, twist and reach with hands and arms.
- Adhere to the Kai Ming Code of Conduct and all other internal policies and procedures.
- Accountable for the health, safety and supervision of all children and families.
Compensation: Salary will be commensurate with job and skill level. Benefits include health, vision, dental, acupuncture, chiropractic, life insurance, retirement, vacation time, sick leave time and personal time.
Equal Opportunity: Kai Ming promotes Equal Opportunity and strongly encourages women, LGBT, people of color and diverse backgrounds to apply.
Application process: Please apply on this page. Applications are accepted and evaluated until a suitable candidate has been selected.