Environmental Works Community Design Center
$49,000 – $55,000 a year
Full Job Description
Environmental Works Community Design Center is seeking an emerging Architect professional with 3‐5 years’ experience to be a member of our team with opportunities for growth within our non-profit organization.
· Assisting other architectural staff on projects;
· CAD drafting;
· 3D modeling of project designs;
· Preparation of presentation drawings,
· Permit set drawings and construction drawings;
· Researching architectural materials and systems;
· Preparation of marketing materials;
· Managing small projects depending on experience level; other as needed.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
3-5 years of experience as a designer/drafter in an architectural firm
Strong organizational skills
Strong written and verbal communication skills; good people/team building skills
SOFTWARE PROGRAM KNOWLEDGE/CAPACITY REQUIRED:
· Microsoft Office
· CAD drafting proficiency –Revit knowledge highly encouraged
· Adobe Suite
Desirable qualities include: strong interest in and commitment to the mission of Environmental Works; flexibility to work on a variety of projects as needed; self‐motivation with a desire to learn more and share learning experiences in a collaborative atmosphere. Experience with multi‐family housing projects and ability to speak multiple languages is a plus.
· Medical, Vision, Disability and life insurance
· PTO time – all time is lumped into one (including sick vacation and holiday) and can be used at employee’s discretion. 5 weeks per year (17.33 hours per month). Can carry over 80 hours at the end of the year
· 403b Retirement with 3% match after one year of employment
· Continuing Education support
· Professional memberships paid at 75%.
· Flextime available with approval
· Orca pass paid in full
· JUST organization per the Living Future Institute.
Please email the following items:
· Cover letter-PDF- Cover letter should answer the following questions:
· We are a mission-based organization. What about our mission intrigues you?
· We are a diverse team. How would you add to our team’s Diversity?
· Describe your personal goals and interest in Architecture
· Resume- PDF format please
· Portfolio- PDF or Weblink- Minimum of 3 projects. Please provide examples of drafting and detailing experience in addition to rendering and presentation drawings.
Environmental Works is a nonprofit Community Design Center that provides architectural services to low-income and nonprofit clients throughout Washington State. We design affordable housing, community facilities, youth and child care centers, shelters, accessible renovations, public landscapes, and similar projects in which social, economic and environmental design are a primary focus. Our culture values office-wide collaboration and support; equity and diversity; open communication and sharing of resources; and high quality design. Environmental Works cultivates well-rounded professionals and strives to affect positive change in the world. We are committed to mentoring individuals from marginalized communities.
Environmental Works values a diverse workplace and strongly encourages women, people of color, LGBT individuals, people with disabilities, members of ethnic minorities, foreign-born residents and veterans to apply. Consideration for employment will not be discriminated against because of race, color, creed, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, citizenship status, disability, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, medical condition or any protected category prohibited by local, state or federal laws.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $49,000.00 – $55,000.00 per year
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
Currently working from home during COVID-19.
- One location
- Temporarily due to COVID-19
- Remote interview process
- Virtual meetings