HPE SMB/Mid-Market Program Development Manager
Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) advances the way people live and work. We bring together curious minds to create breakthrough technology solutions, helping our customers make their mark on the world.
At Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE), we bring together the brightest minds to create breakthrough technology solutions that advance the way people live and work. Our legacy inspires us as we forge ahead, focused and dedicated to helping our customers make their mark on the world. What sets us apart? Our people. Our people’s relentless commitment to partner, innovate, and act. If solving the world’s biggest technology challenges sounds like the right career path for you, read on.
We’re looking for a HPE SMB/Mid-Market Program Development Manager.
Serves as a trusted adviser to the Partner and develops a mutually beneficial relationship in alignment with HPE business priorities. Drives end-to-end revenue, HPE profitability, and pipeline through joint business plans and data-driven sales efforts. Articulates both HPE global and local business strategies to effectively “sell with”, “sell to”, and “sell through” the Partner, creating a scalable selling ecosystem. Develops knowledge of Partner priorities, industry trends, IT landscape, IT investment strategy, HPE priorities, and HPE Technology to differentiate HPE from competitors. Coordinates and executes HPE activities with the Partner, leveraging HPE specialists when needed. Aligns field sales to drive increased value to HPE for pipeline and revenue/profit growth while leveraging the collective strength of the partner ecosystem. Leads HPE strategy, programs, and systems with and on behalf of the Partner to assure accelerated financial outcomes and build partner loyalty to HPE. These jobs focus on selling to customers through the Partner as an extension of HPE’s salesforce, typically through work that occurs outside HPE offices.
- End user facing sales program/demand generation creation – Work collaboratively to develop programs, content, workflow, and process; Secure funding and align vendors as applicable and identify creative ways to engage new and existing customers
- Sales program management execution/tracking – Manage execution and progress of customer engagement programs; Report ongoing results and adjust plans as necessary
- Track Sales program ROI – Track results and report ROI
- Channel engagement – Work collaboratively with channel partners for their participation in customer engagement programs; Partner to disseminate leads as applicable
- Feedback – Capture feedback from stakeholders and ecosystem on areas to improve/new ideas
- Serves as a trusted advisor and expert to the Partner (e.g. Value Added Reseller (VAR), Distributor, SI, ISV, and Managed Service Provider) on where to play within emerging trends in Partner’s ecosystem in alignment with HPE business priorities. Works with the Partner to create a mutually beneficial plan for the future.
- Drives end-to end HPE revenue, profitability, and pipeline by creating joint business plans and leading data-driven sales efforts with the Partner.
- Articulates both HPE global and local business strategies to effectively sell with, sell to, and sell through the Partner, creating a scalable selling ecosystem. Tailors solutions to influence the broader Partner ecosystem.
- Develops deep knowledge of partner priorities, industry trends, IT landscape, IT investment strategy, HPE priorities, and HPE Technology and communicates value of the portfolios and solutions to better differentiate HPE from competitors.
- Demonstrates business and sales leadership by building mutually beneficial, executive-level relationships with one or many Partners to grow HPE market share.
- Coordinates and executes HPE activities with the Partner, leveraging HPE specialists when needed, including sales cadence, education, marketing, executive briefings, proactive forecasting, business planning, and client engagements. Drives HPE marketing strategy through the customer.
- Drives account mapping process with the Partner and HPE Sales teams to align field sales. Promotes increased value to HPE for pipeline and revenue/profit growth while leveraging the collective strength of the partner ecosystem.
- Leads and implements HPE strategy, programs, and systems with and on behalf of the Partner to assure accelerated financial outcomes and build partner loyalty to HPE. Influences Partner to drive increased number of sellers, Solution Architects, and other Partner resources to HPE portfolio.
- Tailors selling solutions to fit the needs of the partner’s customer profile including HPE products, services and technology alliances to achieve assigned quota.
- May spend time monitoring Partner sales floor to help develop pipeline.
- Works to ensure that partners are aware of, and compliant with, HPE’s SBC requirements for Partners, including applicable legal obligations.
Education and Experience –
- University or Bachelor’s degree; advanced degree or MBA preferred, or equivalent experience.
- Typically 8-12 years or more of selling experience at end-user account or partner level.
- Experience as successful account/business manager, selling to CxO and decision-maker level.
Knowledge and Skills –
- Technology Acumen: Deep awareness of current technology trends and related HPE strategy and ability to articulate same to Partner.
- Sales Acumen: Able to influence the partner to take actions that create increased value to HPE. Effectively exercises selling skills such as identifying potential opportunities, utilizing appropriate sales platforms and resources, and formulating and proposing solutions with the goal of expanding HPE’s business. Acts with a sense of urgency to build strong customer relationships and drive solutions for the partner.
- Account Management: Deep understanding of business and financial fundamentals to develop strategic plans with the partner that are aligned to customer and HPE strategies, creating increased business opportunities and value for HPE.
- Portfolio Knowledge: Thorough understanding of HPE products and how they can deliver value to customers in contrast to HPE’s competitors. Ability to select the best product for the customer’s needs, maximizing value for both the customer and HPE. Trend-setter for new HPE products and initiatives, focusing on driving sales of newer, high-margin products and solutions to the customer.
- Partner Industry Acumen: Deep understanding of Partner industry, trends, competitors, and the channel. Considered a subject matter expert for the Partner industry.
- Partnering Acumen: Builds understanding of and relationships with partner and internal community among all types and levels of the business, integrating sales engagement efforts. Deep understanding of the Partner’s relationships and needs.
- Negotiation and Conflict Management: Ability to achieve agreement within business contexts, and resolve issues so that every party is satisfied.
- Financial Acumen: Deep understanding of financial accounting concepts such as income statements, balance sheets, revenue projections, etc. to assess customer financial health, identify potential risks, and position value propositions of HPE solutions.
- Sales Forecasting: Ability to look forward and anticipate partner needs, proactively forecasting sales quota and effectively bridging sales gaps.
- Communication: Professional, clear, and effective verbal and written communication.
- Time Management: Ability to prioritize and effectively meet deadlines.
- Creativity and Entrepreneurship: Ability to innovate, think beyond proscribed solutions, and take proactive steps to advance HPE sales efforts.
- Responsible for the largest accounts with highest levels of annual revenue.
- Primary focus for partner sales on all market segments across all verticals
- Typically assigned higher than average quota.
- Most strategic country, or regional accounts.
- Primary focus is highly strategic partners with the highest level of HPE specialization and commitment.
What we can offer you:
Extensive benefits, a competitive salary and shared values/ purpose, make Hewlett Packard Enterprise one of the world´s most attractive employers. At HPE our goal is to provide equal opportunities, flexibility/ work-life balance, and constantly evolving career growth.
If you are looking for challenges in an exciting, supportive and international work environment, then we definitely want to hear from you. Continue the conversation by clicking apply now below, or directly via our Careers Portal at .
Join us and make your mark!
Find out more about us and follow us on:
HPE is an Equal Employment Opportunity/ Veterans/Disabled/LGBT and Affirmative Action employer. We are committed to diversity and building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We do not discriminate and all decisions we make are made on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need. Our goal is to be one global diverse team that is representative of our customers, in an inclusive environment where we can continue to innovate and grow together.
Job Level: Master
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise