CenterLink: The Community of LGBT Centers
$18 an hour
Full Job Description
Position: Administrative and Development Assistant
Classification: Permanent Part-time, non-exempt (22 hours/week)
Date: February 2021
Reports to: Director of Operations and Member Relations
Overview: The Administrative and Development Assistant for CenterLink will be experienced in handling a wide range of support and administrative-related tasks in a fast-paced nonprofit environment. This person must be exceedingly well-organized, professional, personable, and flexible and they must be able to represent the CenterLink brand internally and to the public. As the primary support person to the CenterLink staff, Director of Operations and Member Relations, and Development Director, the Administrative and Development Assistant will need to proactively and efficiently manage the administrative and data entry needs of the organization.
- Two plus (2+) years-experience in executive and administrative management
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent proactivity and follow-through
- Exceptionally strong knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Outlook calendar management, Word, Excel, and Power Point
- Database management experience in a fundraising environment
- Ability to manage confidential and sensitive information in the most discreet manner
- Ability to be diplomatic, discreet, personable, and professional with colleagues, board of directors, member centers, funders, and other stakeholders
- Ability to work efficiently and independently in a high-pressure professional environment that provides a diverse variety of tasks
Demonstrated ability to work effectively with people of diverse races, ethnicities, gender identities, ages, and sexual orientations.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Working closely with CenterLink Development Director
- Ensure all donors are appropriately thanked and receive regular communication; make donor stewardship a priority throughout the organization
- Process donations and prepare acknowledgement letters and other correspondence including year-end tax letters
- Assist with updating fundraising materials and help organize with the production of collateral
- Assist Development Director in maintaining detailed donor history, continually updating and correcting records to maintain accurate contact and biographical information; develop reports to evaluate donor engagement
- Prepare yearly mailing of annual report to all CenterLink funders and others as deemed by CenterLink CEO, Development Director, Director of Operations and Member Relations, other CL department heads
Working closely with CenterLink Director of Operations and Member Relations
- Ensure all CenterLink membership packets are mailed to new and renewing members twice per month
- Coordinate biennial mailing of LGBTQ Community Center Survey
- Prepare yearly mailings of CenterLink Audit to all CenterLink funders and others as deemed by CenterLink CEO, Development Manager and Director of Operations and Member Relations and Communications Manager
- Working with Director of Operations and Member Relations coordinate all other mailings to centers throughout the year – ex: Summit Postcard, Holiday Card, and any other mailings company may send throughout the year
- Greet visitors, both in person and by telephone, and determine the appropriate point of contact among CenterLink staff
- Updating and uploading of documents to CenterLink’s members-only portal MyCenterLink
- Various other duties as assigned by the CEO, Director of Operations and Member Relations and Development Director
Skills & Competencies:
- Must have a deep belief in our mission
- Display a positive mental attitude and enthusiasm
- Outcome-driven with the ability to respond to changing circumstances and priorities
- Excellent and persuasive communication skills – both in-person and written
- Ability to flex communication style to multiple cultural environments
- Strong organization and time-management
- Ability to effectively prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Donor database experience desirable
- Passionate learner who is motivated to take on challenges
- Ability and willingness to travel to conferences and meetings
It’s a bonus if you….
- Have a high degree of comfort with Little Green Light or other fundraising databases.
- Have worked in the LGBTQ movement, especially in the LGBTQ Community Center movement.
Salary and Benefits:
The hiring range for this position has been established at $18.00 per hour – 22 hours per week.
This position is based in Fort Lauderdale, FL and is a hybrid position. Some duties require time in our Fort Lauderdale offices, others can be accomplished remotely.
How to Apply:
If you’re interested in joining our team, please submit the following via email to careers at LGBTcenters.org with Administrative and Development Assistant Application in the subject line:
- A cover letter describing your interest in CenterLink
- Include how your experience has prepared you for this role
- Your resume
All applications should be received no later than February 28, 2021
No calls or agencies, please.
CenterLink does not and shall not discriminate based on race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, gender identity, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations. These activities include, but are not limited to, hiring and firing of staff, selection of volunteers and vendors, and provision of services. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, volunteers, subcontractors, vendors, and clients.
Mission: CenterLink strengthens, supports, and connects LGBTQ community centers.
Vision: CenterLink envisions flourishing LGBTQ centers that nurture thriving, healthy, safe communities.
CenterLink was founded in 1994 as a member-based coalition to support the development of strong, sustainable LGBTQ community centers. The organization plays an essential role in supporting the growth of LGBTQ centers and addressing the challenges they face, by helping them to improve their organizational and service delivery capacity and increase access to public resources. Based in Fort Lauderdale, FL, CenterLink works with other national organizations to advance the rights of LGBTQ individuals and to provide LGBTQ community centers with information and analysis of critical issues.
Serving over 260 LGBTQ community centers across the country in 46 states, Puerto Rico and the District of Columbia, as well as centers in Canada, China, Colombia, The United Kingdom, Uganda, and Australia, CenterLink assists newly forming community centers and helps strengthen existing LGBTQ centers, through networking opportunities for center leaders, peer-based technical assistance and training, and a variety of capacity building services. A fundamental goal of our mission is to help build the capacity of centers to meet the social, cultural, health, and political advocacy needs of LGBTQ community members across the country. CenterLink also acts as a voice for LGBTQ community centers in national grassroots organizing, coalition building, and social activism in order to strengthen and build a unified center movement.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $18.00 per hour
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- One location
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
- Expense reports
- Processing payments
This Job Is:
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
Company’s Facebook page:
- Temporarily due to COVID-19
- Remote interview process
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings