Digital Product Manager, Senior – Develops business plans, marketing strategy, and forecasts for assigned digital product lines. Maintains status of customer requirements for existing and future products. Identifies, evaluates and recommends marketing opportunities consistent with product line objectives. Serves as the internal and external evangelist for the specific product(s) or product line(s) by creating compelling messages and demonstrating the benefits and capabilities. Establishes awareness and desire for the product.
- Develops new software product concepts, designs, and/or enhancements to existing product design that reflect market and user requirements.
- Working with the Product Director(s) and Senior Product Managers to understand customer needs and translate those into business and technology requirements to enhance provider digital experience.
- Conducts research and develops a good understanding of the customer’s needs, new technologies, trends in the market, and competitors.
- Accountability and prioritization for analytics and reporting of key product and digital metric to measure success of product features/functions
- Collaborate with cross functional teams, including engineers, designers, and business stakeholders, in a fast paced, agile environment and be responsible for conception, design, development, delivery, maintenance, and evolution of the provider experience including translating business and user needs into product features
- Writing thorough and thoughtful user stories that take provider experience, business requirements, visual design and analytics into consideration while owning and managing product backlog for assigned product(s)
- Ability to drive results independently, ability to learn quickly but thrive in a collaborative agile environment
- Develops requirements documents, functional specifications, and mock ups to clearly illustrate product ideas and concepts.
- Develops business plan for products and participates in all phases of the product development lifecycle, including analysis, design, testing, and integration of products as well as the introduction of products to the market.
- Works on cross-functional team to translate customer needs and technology directions into product definitions.
- A specialist on complex technical and business matters.
- Work is highly independent. May assume a team lead role for the work group.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Works to achieve operational targets with direct impact on departmental results.
- Works independently
- under limited supervision.
- Work is reviewed for adequacy in meeting objectives.
- May be responsible for entire projects or processes within job area.
Innovation & Complexity
- Responsible for improving processes, systems or products to enhance performance of the job area.
- Problems and issues faced are difficult and may require understanding of broader set of issues. Problems typically involve consideration of multiple issues, job areas or specialties, and are typically solved through drawing from prior experience and analysis of issues. Develops new perspectives and approaches on existing problems.
Communication & Influence
- Communicates with parties within and outside of own department, with the ability to educate others on complex disciplines.
- May have responsibility for communicating with parties’ external to the organization (e.g., customers, vendors, etc.).
- Works to influence parties within and outside of the job function at an operational level regarding policies, practices and procedures.
Leadership & Talent Management
- May be responsible for providing guidance, coaching and training to other employees within job area.
- May manage projects requiring the responsibility of delegating work and reviewing resulting work product.
Knowledge & Experience
- 4-6 years of experience in Product Management or Management Consulting
- Requires a BA/BS in Business, Finance, Economics, Public Health, or Information Technology. Graduate degree (e.g. MBA) is highly desirable
- Previous management consulting experience is highly desirable
- Strong quantitative analysis and modeling skills
- Knowledge of the healthcare industry – payer and/or provider space
- Ability to interpret complex data sets and forecast future revenue streams over several years
- Knowledge of current trends in digital health products and services, emerging and evolving technologies, and software development methodologies
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Our Company: At Blue Shield of California we are parents, leader, students, visionaries, heroes, and providers. Everyday we come together striving to fulfill our mission, to ensure all Californians have access to high-quality health care at a sustainably affordable price. For more than 80 years, Blue Shield of California has been dedicated to transforming health care by making it more accessible, cost-effective, and customer-centric. We are a not-for-profit, independent member of the Blue Cross Blue Shield Association with 6,800 employees, more than $20 billion in annual revenue and 4.3 million members. The company has contributed more than $500 million to Blue Shield of California Foundation since 2002 to have a positive impact on California communities. Blue Shield of California is headquartered in Oakland, California with 18 additional locations including Sacramento, Los Angeles, and San Diego. We’re excited to share Blue Shield of California has received awards and recognition for – LGBT diversity, quality improvement, most influential women in corporate America, Bay Area’s top companies in volunteering & giving, and one of the world’s most ethical companies. Here at Blue Shield of California, we’re striving to make a positive change across our industry and the communities we live in – Join us!
- Physical Requirements:
Office Environment – roles involving part to full time schedule in Office Environment. Based in our physical offices and work from home office/deskwork – Activity level: Sedentary, frequency most of work day.
Please click here for further physical requirement detail.
- Equal Employment Opportunity: External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest records and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, State and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability status and any other classification protected by Federal, State and local laws.
- Requisition ID: 20002BS
- Posting Date: Nov 4, 2020
- Schedule: Full-time