New York Life is seeking Bilingual Spanish and/or Portuguese sales professionals who want to build an insurance & financial business with the potential to earn a significant income, set their own pace and maintain a flexible schedule. Dedicated to serving the Latino community, we are looking for people fluent in English, Spanish, or Portuguese with a great drive to succeed, the passion to make a difference and the desire to love what they do.
The ideal candidate will utilize their existing community as a network to grow their business working on behalf of New York Life.
Our Financial Services Professionals help clients identify and achieve their financial goals. In addition to superior life insurance and annuity products, registered representatives can offer a comprehensive array of financial products and services to help clients develop a sound, long-term investment strategy.
If you’ve never considered a career in insurance and financial sales, that’s okay! Our Financial Professionals arrive with diverse career backgrounds including education, coaching, athletics, military, finance, banking, mortgage, and real estate. We provide the training, the resources and the specialized marketing support to help you establish your business and stand behind your efforts. New York Life’s family of companies offers life insurance, retirement income, investments and long-term care insurance and annuities.
Our nationwide team consists of leaders in insurance, investments, estate, family and business planning. In addition to sales aptitude or experience, the ideal candidate should be community-minded, have a competitive spirit, and possess excellent communication skills, as well as outstanding character and integrity.
You do not need sales, business development, marketing or insurance experience to begin your road to success in this role! All you need is passion and a desire to make a difference.
We are looking for people who possess the following background/characteristics:
- Four-year college degree, or higher, preferred but not necessary.
- Portuguese and/or Spanish speaking preferred, but not necessary.
- Entrepreneurial Spirit.
- Life and Health Insurance License preferred, but not required
- Previous Sales Experience preferred
- Financial Industry background not required
- Highly self-motivated and self-disciplined with ability to work effectively with little or no supervision.
- Outgoing personality with the ability to develop relationships
- Fearless, positive attitude, and willingness to be accountable for results.
- Organized, detail-oriented, and excellent time-management skills
- Desire for continuous learning.
- Good communicator with excellent listening skills and ability to explain complex information in a simple and concise manner.
Here is what distinguishes this opportunity with New York Life:
Career Advancement – After two years as a successful agent, additional opportunities that may be available include: partner, development manager, product consultant, and Home Office opportunities in recruiting, marketing, or training.
Training – NYLIC University is one of the most comprehensive and well-respected training programs in the industry.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Health/Dental/Life/Disability from day one
- 401(k) plan after one year of service and Pension Plan
- Continuing education reimbursement
- Reimbursement for industry designations
- Discounts from major wireless carriers
- Local discounts (based on location) for gym memberships
At New York Life we strive to be the best every day, the same as you.
Here are just a few of our recent recognitions:
- Ranks #86 on the Fortune 500 list for 2012.
- Profiles in Diversity Journal – 2011 Diversity Leader Award
- 2011 National Association for Female Executives (NAFE) Top 50 Companies for Executive Women.
- Corporate Equity Index – 2011 Best Places to Work for Lesbian Gay
- Bisexual Transgender (LGBT) Equality
Take the first step to your future success and by becoming a part of “the company you keep!”
Job Types: Full-time, Internship
Salary: $62,000.00 /year
Job Types: Full-time, Internship, Commission
Salary: $62,000.00 to $75,000.00 /month
- Sales: 1 year (Preferred)
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- Other types of insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts
- Education assistance or tuition reimbursement
- Gym memberships or discounts
- Flexible schedules
- Workplace perks such as food/coffee and flexible work schedules